I love when a classic salad is keto-friendly. I can easily recreate it and and swap out some simple ingredients for low-carb ones! Luckily, this one didn’t need any swaps and we were able to add more of a base with some spring mix.
The balsamic vinegar can sometimes have a lot of sugar depending on what brand you go with. Be sure to look at the ingredients when buying from the store and try to find a sugar-free, low-carb option.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Caprese Salad
- 5 ounce spring mix
- 16 ounce fresh tomatoes
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Wash the tomatoes and avocado.
2. Chop up the tomatoes and slice the avocados.
3. In a bowl, create the sauce by combining the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
4. Plate the spring mix.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and sliced avocados.
6. Top with fresh mozzarella and drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic mixture.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Caprese Salad. Each serving comes out to be 626 calories, 50.2g fat, 13.6g net carbs, and 24.6g protein.
|5.00 ounce Spring Mix||40||0.6||7.4||2.8||4.5||3.1|
|16.00 ounce fresh tomatoes||82||0.9||17.6||5.4||12.2||4|
|1.00 large avocado||367||33.9||19||15.0||4||4.3|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon balsamic vinegar||14||0||2.7||0||2.7||0.1|
|6.00 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese||510||38||3.7||0||3.7||37.7|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||626||50.2||25.3||11.6||13.6||24.6|