This delightful classic comes back with a vengeance and is packed full of flavor. Keto French Toast made into a fantastic breakfast that will please anyone! The great flavors of pumpkin spice come through to make a decadent morning meal that can be easily topped with a bit of extra keto maple syrup for the finishing touch. The secret here is the orange extract. Not only does it add a hint of citrus, but it really takes this pumpkin spiced french toast to the next level.
Coming in just short of 80% calories from fat, this breakfast will fill you up and keep you full until lunch. It’s simple, easy, and super tasty and can even be made in advanced. Stick this in the microwave right out of the fridge for about 45 seconds and you have yourself some amazing french toast in little to no time. If you stress about getting to work on time and only have a few minutes to eat, then this is the perfect combination for you!
Keep in mind when I made this, I made a double serving. The pictures will show what it takes to make a double serving, and you’re welcome to do so also. I found that the crispness of the french toast was something most keto-ers just can’t miss out on. A delicious outer coating that’s surrounded by airy, soft, and moist “bread” on the inside. Even if you’re serving up non-keto eaters, this will surely be a hit.
So, what’s your favorite thing to put on french toast? Let us know in the comments below!
Yields 2 servings of Pumpkin Spiced French Toast
- 4 slices pumpkin bread (recipe here)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Dry out 4 slices of Pumpkin Bread (recipe here) for this recipe. You can leave the slices out overnight, uncovered to reach the desired dryness.
2. I made 2 batches with this, so the pictures show extra. In a small container, mix together your egg, cream, vanilla extract, orange extract, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Dip the bread into the mixture and let it soak for about 5 minutes.
4. Flip the bread and allow to soak for 5 more minutes.
5. In a pan, set to medium-low heat and set butter in the middle. Let the butter cook until it starts to brown.
6. Once the butter is browned, add the bread that has now soaked almost all of the mixture. Let this cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side until finished.
This makes a total of 2 servings. Each serving comes out to be 429.73 Calories, 36.7g Fats, 7.33g Net Carbs, and 13.36g Protein.
|Pumpkin Spiced French Toast||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|4 slices pumpkin bread||471.84||34.76||30.72||17.8||12.92||19.32|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream||102||10.82||0.82||0||0.82||0.85|
|½ teaspoon vanilla extract||6||0||0.27||0||0.27||0|
|1/8 teaspoon orange extract||2||0||0.07||0||0.07||0|
|¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice||1.61||0.02||0.43||0.23||0.2||0.03|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|