The truth is, I couldn’t decide between which 2 favorite Thanksgiving flavors to create. I could either do Pumpkin Pie, or I could do Pecan Pie. The longer I thought on it, the more clear this idea became: combine the both! The flavors of Pumpkin Pecan Pie Ice Cream are really great together. You get a creamy bite with pumpkin inside, then after you savor the flavor, maple and pecan come through.
Whether your family is on the ketogenic diet or not, people will gobble this up and ask for more – so make sure you have extra on hand! It’s super simple to make – it’ll be ready for your ice cream machine in less than 15 minutes. Plus, it’d go perfectly with a slice of keto pie!
For extra decadence, you can add 3-4 oz. cream cheese to this recipe. Just remember that it will add some extra carbs into the recipe, so you’ll have to account for that in your macros. I found it smooth and creamy without the need to add any extra; the egg yolks help out a lot.
Don’t forget to check out our other ice cream flavors like Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream.
Yields 4 one cup servings of Pumpkin Pecan Pie Keto Ice Cream
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (from the carton)
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
1. Chop toasted pecans and put on the stove with butter. Leave this over low heat so that the butter can brown. If you don’t have toasted pecans, place into a pan plain and toast over low heat for about 7-10 minutes.
2. Place all of the rest of the ingredients into a container that can house your immersion blender.
3. Using your immersion blender, blend all of the ingredients together into a smooth mixture.
4. Add mixture to your ice cream machine, as per instructions of your manufacturer.
5. Lastly, once your butter is browned and the pecans have soaked up some of the butter, place inside of the ice cream machine.
6. Follow the churning instructions as per your ice cream maker manufacturers instructions. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 (1-cup) servings of Pumpkin Pecan Pie Keto Ice Cream. Each serving comes out to be 287 Calories, 23.71g Fats, 7.89g Net Carbs, and 7.52g Protein.
|Pumpkin Pie Pecan Ice Cream||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|½ cup cottage cheese||110||4.84||3.8||0||3.8||12.51|
|½ cup pumpkin puree||50||0||11||3||8||2|
|1 teaspoon pumpkin spice||6||0.21||1.18||0.3||0.88||0.1|
|2 cups coconut milk (from the carton)||220||13.99||19.98||5.8||14.18||1.98|
|½ teaspoon xanthan gum||5||0||1.16||1.16||0||0.17|
|3 large egg yolks||164||13.54||1.83||0||1.83||8.09|
|1/3 cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|20 drops liquid stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon maple extract||12||0||0.53||0||0.53||0|
|½ cup chopped pecans||377||39.22||7.55||5.2||2.32||5|
|2 tablespoons salted butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|