I particularly love the fragrant smell of spices. It reminds me of Christmas! A family favorite is speculoos, a Belgian crispy spiced cookie that is addictively good. Heard of cookie butter? Biscoff? That’s speculoos.
Twice baked, dry, crunchy biscotti plus the healthy goodness of macadamia nuts. You will never be wanting – a special treat to have (and dunked) in your ketoproof coffee.
Yields 10 servings of Speculoos and Macadamia Biscotti.
- 200 grams superfine almond flour
- 80 grams Swerve Confectioners*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 75 grams dry roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon Speculoos Spice Blend *
- 57 grams salted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
* Speculoos Spice Blend is available on Amazon or on King Arthur website (Speculaas Spice)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. In a bowl, combine almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, xantham gum, vanilla paste, macadamia, and spice blend until homogenous.
2. In a separate bowl, melt butter. Add eggs. Beat well.
3. Add the butter and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
4. Mix well and form into a dough.
5. Transfer dough to work surface, pat, and form into an even, flattened, oblong or square-ish shaped log. Note that the dough is sticky. To help with the shaping, dust hands with almond flour.
6. Transfer dough to a parchment lined sheet tray and bake for 30 minutes or until firm, lightly golden, and top is slightly cracked. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool, about 15 minutes.
7. When cool, slice loaf into half inch thick slices. Slice deliberately using a serrated knife. If you find that your loaf is crumbly, place in the freezer to firm up some more.
8. Preheat oven to 250°F.
9. Line slices on a parchment lined sheet tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip slices and bake for another 15 minutes.
10. Turn oven off. Let the biscotti cool in the oven until crisp, crunchy, and dry. Store in an airtight container.
This makes a total of 10 servings of Speculoos and Macadamia Biscotti. Each serving comes out to be 189.42 Calories, 17.72g Fats, 2.69g Net Carbs, and 5.18g Protein.
|Speculoos and Macadamia Biscotti||Calories||Fats(g)||Carb(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|200 grams superfine almond flour||1142||100||42.56||21.4||21.16||42.86|
|80 grams Swerve Confectioners||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||2||0||1.27||0||1.27||0|
|1 teaspoon xantham gum||0||0||2||2||0||0|
|1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste||20||0||3||0||3||0|
|75 grams dry roasted macadamia nuts||538||56.83||10.37||6.4||3.97||5.93|
|1 tablespoon Speculoos Spice Blend||19||0.1||6.29||4.1||2.19||0.31|
|57 grams salted butter, melted||409||46.23||0.03||0||0.03||0.48|
|2 large eggs||143||9.51||0.72||0||0.72||12.56|