Warm salads are always a great way to spice up regular salads. The lettuce in this recipe is grilled to a perfect char on the grill. It is then chopped up into bite sized pieces and topped with an Italian favorite, prosciutto.
As these ingredients are different from your average salad, I knew a light dressing was needed to make sure to this dish is tied together wonderfully. Olive oil, lemon juice, and mayonnaise were my simple ingredients for the dressing, which cuts perfectly through the fresh, warm, grilled lettuce.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Prosciutto & Manchego Grilled Salad
- 16 ounce romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 ounce prosciutto
- 3 ounce manchego cheese
- 1/2 medium lemon, juice
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat the grill for about 20 minutes on low heat.
2. Cut the lettuce head in half. Brush both sides of the lettuce with half the olive oil.
3. Place lettuce on the grill and grill for a few minutes on each side while leaving the grill lid open. Grill until the outer leaves are charred.
4. Shave the manchego cheese with a vegetable peeler or sharp knife. Chop the lettuce and prosciutto up into bite-sized pieces.
5. In a bowl, combine the lettuce pieces with the rest of the olive oil, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
6. Top the salad off with the prosciutto and manchego. Season with salt and pepper.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Prosciutto & Manchego Grilled Salad. Each serving comes out to be 642 calories, 56.8g fat, 4.8g net carbs, and 24.1g protein.
|16.00 ounce romaine lettuce||77||1.4||14.9||9.5||5.4||5.6|
|0.25 cup olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|3.00 ounce prosciutto||166||7.1||0.3||0||0.3||23.6|
|3.00 ounce Manchego Cheese||365||30.4||1.0||0.0||1.0||18.2|
|0.50 medium lemon||12||0.1||3.9||1.2||2.7||0.5|
|2.00 tablespoon mayonnaise||187||20.6||0.2||0||0.2||0.3|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||642||56.8||10.2||5.4||4.8||24.1|