This one-pan meal is an easy lunch to whip up with just a few simple ingredients. First, we pan-seared ground beef with butter then tossed in fresh green beans and served with a side of sour cream. We used fresh beans because they provide more texture and snap. For a sprinkle of extra flavor, try adding some shredded Parmesan over the top of the dish before serving.
This recipe is great for meal prepping lunches ahead, especially if you make extra servings and divide up into containers. It also freezes well, just be sure to pack the sour cream separately and don’t try to freeze it.
Yields 2 servings of Easy One-Pan Ground Beef and Green Beans
- 10 ounces (80/20) ground beef
- 9 ounces green beans
- 3½ ounces butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
1. Rinse the green beans and trim the ends off each side.
2. Add half of the butter to a pan over high heat.
3. Once the pan is hot, add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook the beef until it’s browned and almost finished.
4. Lower the heat on the pan to medium. Add the green beans and remaining butter to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir the green beans and ground beef occasionally.
5. Season the green beans with salt and pepper, then transfer everything to a bowl with the pan drippings. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Easy One-Pan Ground Beef and Green Beans. Each serving comes out to be 787.5 Calories, 71.75g Fats, 6.65g Net Carbs, and 27.5g Protein.
|Ground Beef and Green Beans||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|10 ounces ground beef||720||56.7||0||0||0||48.7|
|9 ounces green beans||89||0.7||20.1||8.2||11.9||4.8|
|3.5 ounces butter||711||80.5||0.1||0||0.1||0.8|
|2 tablespoons sour cream||57||5.6||1.3||0||1.3||0.7|