In less than half an hour, you can have a generous batch of mini pumpkin spice muffins. This is a great quick breakfast or snack.
The best part? These are rich with the pumpkin spice flavors that we all love without the sugar or junk ingredients. Be sure to buy pure pumpkin, opting for organic if possible. Also use no sugar added 100% sunflower seed butter. Feel free to change the spices around if you prefer. If you’re not a fan of nutmeg, use ground ginger, or simply use all ground cinnamon. Either way, these mini keto muffins are sure to be a regular addition to your baking lineup!
One interesting note about using sunflower seed butter: Sunflower seeds contain chlorophyll. That’s nothing to worry about because it is a natural component of plants. Baking with sunflower seed butter and leavening agents might give you a surprising result. Baking powder and baking soda react with the chlorophyll when subjected to heat. This harmless chemical reaction can cause your finished product to have a green hue.
The good thing is that this typically occurs after a day or so, so you won’t likely see it right away. If this happens to you, know that there is nothing wrong with your muffins. It’s just harmless science.
Yields 18 Mini Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup organic no sugar added sunflower seed butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup erythritol
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons organic flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F then lightly grease a mini muffin pan. You will need 18 sections to bake this entire recipe. Then in a mixing bowl combine pumpkin, sunflower seed butter, and the egg. Stir until smooth.
2. Add all of remaining dry ingredients.
3. Stir to blend.
4. Using a 1-tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop batter into the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool completely.
5. Carefully remove the muffins from the pan and transfer to a serving tray. You can optionally top the muffins with cream cheese.
6. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You may also refrigerate these muffins up to 1 week, or freeze up to 1 month. They are best when warmed slightly if refrigerated or frozen. If freezing, do not top with cream cheese until thawed and ready to serve.
This makes a total of 16 servings of Mini Pumpkin Spice Muffins. Each serving comes out to be 39.11 Calories, 2.84g Fats, 1.33g Net Carbs, and 1.45g Protein.
|Mini Pumpkin Spice Muffins||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|¾ cup canned pumpkin||62||0.51||14.87||5.3||9.57||2.02|
|¼ cup no sugar added sunflower seed butter||270||22.5||10.5||4.5||6||9|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|½ cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¼ cup organic coconut flour||75||4.5||12||9||3||3|
|2 tablespoons organic flaxseed meal||60||3.5||5||4||1||3|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon||6||0.03||2.1||1.4||0.7||0.1|
|½ teaspoon ground nutmeg||6||0.4||0.54||0.2||0.34||0.06|
|½ teaspoon baking soda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.64||0||0.64||0|
|¼ teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3 tablespoons cream cheese||152||14.98||2.4||0||2.4||2.68|