These past few days have been tearing me up inside little by little. I’ve been craving brownies and everything I see has been reminding me of that. I see a blonde at the park, blonde…blondie? BROWNIE? Jeez, what has happened to me?
Sometimes a keto diet can be a real pain on my temptation levels, and this week has really been killer. Normally I go after savory things but my cravings really need to be removed like a rotting wisdom tooth. I saw some low carb brownie recipes online and decided to alter it a bit to my own tastes. Rich cocoa powder sealed the deal on this one – cravings are now gone!
This recipe is courtesy of reddit/r/ketorecipes.
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, heaped
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 9 packets truvia
- ½ cup almond milk (or ¼)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
How Can This Get Even Better?
- Make Vanilla Frosting
- Add Walden Farms Butterscotch or Caramel
- Whipped Heavy Cream
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Combine cream cheese, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract in one bowl. Mix well, and make sure it’s smoooth.
3. Combine cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, truvia, and salt in a bowl.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well as you add.
5. Pour batter into a cake pan or brownie pan, and stick it in the oven.
6. Wait about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes and cut as desired.
Now, these aren’t the sweetest brownies in the world, so you can whip up some heavy cream and add a little sweetener to it. I’ve noticed that sometimes low carb brownies and cakes can be a little bit dry, so this can add the moisture you’re looking for. Best of luck and happy eating!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Delicious Chocolate Keto Brownies. Each serving comes out to be 196 Calories, 17.68g Fats, 2.7g Net Carbs, and 6.13g Protein.
|Delicious Chocolate Keto Brownies||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|6 tablespoons cream cheese||304||29.96||4.8||0||4.8||5.35|
|3 large eggs||214||14.27||1.08||0||1.08||18.84|
|3 tablespoons coconut oil||364||40.42||0||0||0||0|
|3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder||37||2.22||9.38||6||3.38||3.18|
|¼ cup almond flour||160||14||6||3||3||6|
|¼ cup coconut flour||75||4.5||12||9||3||3|
|¼ teaspoon baking soda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|9 packets truvia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¼ cup unsweetened almond milk||10||0.72||0.38||0||0.38||0.39|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.53||0||0.53||0|