You will love the comfort and flavor of a keto breakfast bowl in the morning. It will set you up perfectly to conquer the day. This protein-packed bowl features creamy eggs, crispy bacon, tangy sour cream, flavorful cheddar cheese, and fragrant chives, all customizable to suit your tastes. Start your day with this hearty and satisfying keto breakfast bowl that will keep you fueled and energized.
Making the bowl is super easy. First, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry them in a skillet over medium-high heat until they turn crisp and golden. Once cooked, remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside while keeping the flavorful bacon fat in the pan.
Lower the heat and add half of the sour cream to the skillet, making it melt into a creamy texture. Add the scrambled eggs and stir with a spatula until they reach your desired consistency.
Divide the silky smooth scrambled eggs into serving bowls, creating a bed of creamy goodness. Top the eggs generously with grated cheddar cheese, the crispy bacon, a dollop of the remaining sour cream, and a sprinkling of fresh chives for added freshness.
This delightful keto-loaded breakfast bowl is best enjoyed immediately. You can customize your bowl by adding other ingredients such as avocado, diced tomatoes, or hot sauce—whatever you’re craving. Bon appétit!
Yields 2 servings of Loaded Keto Breakfast Bowl
- 4 ounce bacon
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoon green onion, chopped
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Cut the bacon into small pieces.
2. In a pan over medium-low heat, fry the bacon until crisp and fat rendered. Remove bacon from pan, leaving fat, and set aside.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs. If you prefer fluffier eggs, you can add a squirt of water to them as well.
4. Add the eggs into the pan and slowly scramble them, being sure to not overmix.
5. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a bowl. Add the cooked bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onion. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Loaded Keto Breakfast Bowl. Each serving comes out to be 631 calories, 50.1g fats, 2.7g net carbs, and 39.8g protein.
|4.00 ounce bacon||604||52.9||0||0||0||30.2|
|6.00 large egg||472||31.4||2.4||0||2.4||41.5|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|4.00 tablespoon cheddar cheese||124||10.2||1||0||1||7|
|2.00 tablespoon sour cream||57||5.6||1.3||0||1.3||0.7|
|2.00 tablespoon green onion||4||0||0.9||0.3||0.6||0.2|
|Per Serving (/2)||631||50.1||2.8||0.2||2.7||39.8|