These crunchy and crispy keto hash browns are a perfect accompaniment to just about any breakfast you can think of, and they’re only 5 ingredients to boot! If you don’t want to hide them as a side dish, they can definitely be the star of a dish too! Consider cooking up a batch of hash browns and pairing with fried eggs in the extra butter you have left in the pan. I could see them going great with any type of fried up salty meat as well – bacon, spam, or sausage.
If you want to eat them by themselves, consider making a garlic dipping sauce with sour cream, a little bit of garlic powder, and chopped scallions. The creamy tang of the sour cream will pair fantastically with the crunchiness of the hash browns, cutting through the fat and salt component. If you’re more of a purist, just a dash of hot sauce would be a great condiment on these as well. What do you think your favorite way to eat them will be?
Make sure when you’re cooking them, you don’t flip them too early. They will fall apart pretty easily if you flip them too early. The key is to have a little bit of patience here and wait until the crust has formed on each side before you flip or take them out of the pan. You can check for the crust by sliding a spatula under the cooking side to see how brown it is and if it will stay stuck together.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Hash Browns.
- 16 oz. cauliflower
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 tbsp. butter
1. Grate the cauliflower and onion into small pieces using either a grater or a food processor.
2. Add the cauliflower and onion to a bowl, then add the eggs and seasoning. Mix together well and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
3. Melt enough butter to thoroughly cover the bottom of the pan.
4. Add scoops of the cauliflower mixture into the butter and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side. Be careful not to flip before the sides are crispy as they can break apart. Add additional butter to the pan as needed to help fry the hash browns.
5. If cooking in batches, you can keep the finished cauliflower hash browns in foil to help keep them warm. Once finished, serve the hash browns with the butter from the pan.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns. Each serving comes out to be 293 Calories, 27.5g Fat, 3.25g Net Carbs, and 7.62g Protein.
|16 ounce cauliflower||104||2.3||18.6||10.4||8.2||8.2|
|3 large egg||236||15.7||1.2||0||1.2||20.7|
|0.5 medium onion||19||0.1||4.4||0.8||3.6||0.6|
|1 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|8 tbsp. butter||813||92||0.1||0||0.1||1|