This quick and easy keto chicken thigh recipe combines the flavors of capers and lemon to create a stunning keto-friendly lunch or dinner. The whole family will love this dish. You start by seasoning and then frying the chicken thighs until the skin is perfectly crispy. Then remove the chicken and cook the green beans in the fat to absorb all the beautiful flavors.
Adding the rest of the ingredients turns the liquids into a lovely fragrant sauce. Once every element of this fantastic dish is cooked, serve it on a plate with additional lemon slices and capers if you wish. You can quickly whip this up in around thirty minutes, and every part of the recipe can be cooked in the same pan.
This recipe is also easy to reheat the next day if you have leftovers. So it’s a great dish to cook if you want to have some meals in your fridge for busy days when you don’t have time to cook. It will also make an excellent dinner party dish if you have friends or family over. Everybody will love the delicious lemon, butter, and caper flavors!
Yields 4 servings of Lemon Butter Chicken with Capers & Green Beans
- 32 ounce chicken thighs, bone-in skin-on
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon capers
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 2 ounce spring mix
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Season the chicken thighs with garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Try to add some seasoning below the skin if possible.
2. In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Once hot, add in the chicken, skin side down, and cook for 5-6 minutes or until skin is crisp.
Transfer chicken to a baking sheet or casserole dish and place into the oven, leaving any juice and oil in the pan. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
3. When the chicken is almost finished baking, add green beans to pan over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until crisp but tender, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the butter, lemon juice, capers and half of the sliced lemon into the pan. Stir together until sauce thickens.
5. Serve chicken and green beans with a small handful of leafy greens. Drizzle sauce over the entire dish and garnish with remaining lemon slices. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Lemon Butter Chicken with Capers & Green Beans. Each serving comes out to be 714 calories, 63.5g fats, 5.5g net carbs, and 30.4g protein.
|32.00 ounce bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs||2268||202.5||0||0||0||113.4|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon garlic powder||10||0||2.3||0.3||2||0.5|
|1.00 teaspoon italian seasoning||3||0.1||0.6||0.4||0.2||0.1|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|8.00 ounce green beans||79||0.6||17.9||7.3||10.6||4.3|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|2.00 tablespoon lemon juice||5||0||1.7||0.2||1.5||0.2|
|3.00 tablespoon capers||6||0.2||1.3||0.8||0.4||0.6|
|1.00 medium lemon||24||0.3||7.8||2.4||5.5||0.9|
|2.00 ounce Spring Mix||16||0.2||3||1.1||1.8||1.3|
|Per Serving (/4)||714||63.5||8.7||3.1||5.5||30.4|