You will love our tasty keto chicken fajita casserole. Bursting with the perfect combination of onions, peppers, tender chicken, and a homemade Tex-Mex seasoning, this quick and easy dish is perfect for either dinner or lunch. Prepare to savor each delicious bite—this casserole will become one of your favorite go-to meals.
The dish is packed with healthy fats and low-carb vegetables, making it perfect for people following a ketogenic diet. To make this delicious casserole, first season the chicken with our homemade Tex-Mex seasoning mixture. Then place all the ingredients into a baking dish along with the chicken. Bake the whole casserole in the oven until the top is golden brown.
Once it’s cooked through, take it out of the oven and plate up generous portions. The best way to complement this meal is to serve it with a refreshing and vibrant green salad. The crispness of the salad adds a lovely contrast to the flavors and textures of the casserole, creating a well-rounded and satisfying meal.
Whether you’re seeking a quick and nourishing dinner for yourself or feeding a hungry crowd, our keto chicken fajita casserole will surely impress everyone. The zingy blend of spices and unique ingredients will transport your taste buds to a Tex-Mex paradise. If you’re looking for a keto-friendly dish with a hint of spice, try this delicious and nourishing dish!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 20 ounce rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 6 ounce cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 ounce butter lettuce
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Create the fajita seasoning by combining chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste. We recommend about 1 teaspoon of salt per 16 ounces of meat.
3. Create the casserole mixture by combining chicken, cream cheese, mayonnaise, red bell pepper, yellow onion, and half of the shredded cheddar.
4. Spread the casserole mixture into the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Aim to have a layer about 1 to 1.5 inch thick.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the casserole. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
6. Dress the lettuce by adding olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve while casserole is hot and enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 539 calories, 41.7g fats, 5g net carbs, and 35.9g protein.
|1.00 tablespoon chili powder||23||1.2||4||2.8||1.2||1.1|
|2.00 teaspoon cumin||15||0.9||1.8||0.4||1.4||0.7|
|1.00 teaspoon garlic powder||10||0||2.3||0.3||2||0.5|
|1.00 teaspoon onion powder||8||0||1.9||0.4||1.5||0.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|20.00 ounce rotisserie chicken||1043||46.4||0.1||0||0.1||155.8|
|6.00 ounce cream cheese||582||57.8||7||0||7||10.5|
|0.25 cup mayonnaise||374||41.2||0.3||0||0.3||0.5|
|1.00 medium red bell pepper||36||0.4||6.9||2.4||4.5||1.1|
|0.50 medium yellow onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|1.50 cup cheddar cheese||742||61.2||5.7||0||5.7||42|
|6.00 ounce butter lettuce||22||0.4||3.8||1.9||1.9||2.3|
|3.00 tablespoon olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 tablespoon red wine vinegar||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/6)||539||41.7||6.4||1.5||5.0||35.9|