If you love pesto and salmon, this recipe is an absolute must-try! The vibrant pesto and succulent salmon come together perfectly with each bite giving you an irresistible blend of herby pesto mixed with the delicate, flaky texture of the salmon. The wilted greens complement the pesto salmon perfectly.
This dish allows you to indulge while maintaining a keto diet. It’s a fantastic meal that will wow even the most fussy eaters. But the benefits don’t stop at taste alone. This recipe is designed to save you time without compromising quality or nutrition.
With its easy prep time, you can quickly whip up a fabulous meal, making it perfect for those busy days when you need a satisfying lunch or dinner that doesn’t require hours in the kitchen. All you need to do is bake the salmon in the oven, blend the pesto, and wilt the greens in a small skillet. All the elements can then be plated up and served together. It’s as simple as that.
As you know, salmon is an excellent source of protein and essential vitamins like B12. Combining it with fresh pesto and wilted greens makes this dish even more tasty and healthy. It will make a great addition to your weekly meal plan if you’re looking for new keto dishes to try. Prepare to be wowed by this fast, keto-friendly, and undeniably tasty dish.
Yields 4 servings of Pesto Salmon with Wilted Greens
- 24 ounce skin-on salmon fillets, boneless
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 16 ounce fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon walnuts, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Pre-heat oven to 400F and grease a baking sheet or casserole dish that will fit the salmon.
2. Season the skin-side of the salmon with salt and pepper, then lay it on the baking sheet or in the casserole dish. Season the top with salt and pepper as well.
3. Mix together the topping by combining pesto, mayonnaise, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
4. Spread the pesto mixture over the top of the salmon fillet(s) making sure to distribute evenly.
Place in the oven and bake on the middle rack for 20-30 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork when pulled apart.
5. About 5-8 minutes before the salmon is done cooking, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add spinach and cook until soft and tender, about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate up the salmon and spinach, then sprinkle crumbled walnuts over the top of the dish. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Pesto Salmon with Wilted Greens. Each serving comes out to be 738 calories, 57.5g fats, 3g net carbs, and 47.2g protein.
|24.00 ounce salmon fillets with skin||1402||81.7||0||0||0||149.7|
|2.00 tablespoon pesto||108||10.6||2||0.6||1.4||1.2|
|0.50 cup mayonnaise||748||82.3||0.6||0||0.6||1.1|
|0.50 cup parmesan cheese||216||14.3||2.1||0||2.1||19.3|
|16.00 ounce spinach||104||1.2||17||10.9||6.1||13.5|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|4.00 tablespoon walnuts||170||17||3.6||1.8||1.8||4|
|Per Serving (/4)||738||57.5||6.3||3.3||3.0||47.2|