Of all of the dressings I make, this has to be our favorite. I mean, they all taste like our favorite when we’re eating them, but if I had to choose one it would be this one. It has that depth the homemade mayonnaise and ketchup gives it, that subtle sweetness from the stevia, that tiny crunch of pickle and onion, and somewhere in the background a hint of tartness from the apple cider vinegar that all combines to put it over the top. I really hope you’ll give this dressing a try!
makes 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise(try this homemade mayo)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (try this homemade ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon Braggs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely diced pickle
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered Stevia
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Chop pickle and separate into two separate tablespoons.
2. Finely dice the onion and separate into two separate tablespoons.
3. Place all ingredients except 1 Tbsp each of pickle and onion in the emulsion blender container (or food processor or blender).
4. Place bottom of emulsion blender in the container all the way to the bottom. Begin blending and move blender as needed to thoroughly combine ingredients, approximately 30-60 seconds.
5. Stir reserved tablespoon of pickle and onion into dressing. Pour into a jar and place in refrigerator to let flavors meld for a couple of hours. If you can’t wait, that’s okay. It will taste pretty delicious fresh out of the jar!
Per 1 Tbsp. it comes out to: 88.08 Calories, 9.47g Fats, 0.38g Net Carbs, and 0.44g Protein.
|LC Thousand Island Dressing||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 cup mayonnaise||2081.6||227.04||3.68||0||3.68||9.28|
|2 tablespoons ketchup||18.4||0.1||4.08||0.84||3.24||1.04|
|1 tablespoon Braggs apple cider vinegar||3||0||0.14||0||0.14||0|
|2 tablespoons finely diced pickle||2||0.06||0.44||0.2||0.24||0.09|
|2 tablespoons finely diced onion||8||0.02||1.87||0.3||1.57||0.22|
|1/8 teaspoon powdered Stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper||1||0.01||0.23||0.1||0.13||0.04|