This keto pizza sauce recipe is simple to make and tastes amazing. All you need are some quality canned tomatoes, stock, olive oil, and a few herbs and spices and you’re good to go. It makes an excellent pizza sauce but can also be used in pasta dishes as well. In other words, this makes it a great versatile sauce that every keto devotee should add to their recipe collection.
To make the sauce, cook all the ingredients in a saucepan and then let it simmer for 15 minutes. Simple as that. To give this pizza sauce fantastic flavor, make sure you use a high-quality tinned tomato brand like San Marzano. And always use fresh garlic. If your sauce has high-quality, fresh ingredients, it will come out tasting much better. It’s also worth investing in a great olive oil to give your sauce an even better taste.
The pizza sauce can be stored for quite a while in the fridge or frozen, so make a big batch and you’ll have a go-to sauce to use for when you need to whip up a quick meal. Store it in small containers to make getting out a small amount easier.
If you’ve been looking for a simple pizza and pasta sauce recipe that can be made with a few ingredients, stores for a long time, and tastes amazing, this one’s worth trying out. The whole family will love it.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Pizza Sauce
- 28 ounce canned whole tomatoes, San Marzano
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 teaspoon fresh garlic, slivered crosswise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Slice the fresh garlic cloves crosswise in slivers.
3. Pour the canned whole tomatoes into a bowl. Smash the tomatoes with your hands to create bits.
4. Add olive oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Then add in the silvered garlic. Stir this around for a minute or so.
5. Add in the crushed tomatoes to the pan along with kosher salt, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, and basil. Turn the temperature down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once you see a yellow oil on the surface, the pizza sauce is done.
6. Serve and enjoy.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Pizza Sauce. Each serving comes out to be 109 calories, 9.4g fat, 3.7g net carbs, and 1.3g protein.
|28.00 ounce canned whole tomatoes||127||2||27.5||15.1||12.5||6.3|
|1.00 cup vegetable stock||13||0||2.8||0||2.8||0|
|0.25 cup olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|8.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||34||0.1||7.5||0.5||7||1.4|
|1.00 teaspoon kosher salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.00 none crushed red pepper flakes||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon dried oregano||2||0||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.1|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh basil||1||0||0.1||0.1||0||0.1|
|Per Serving (/6)||109||9.4||6.4||2.7||3.7||1.3|