I normally don’t make many bread like desserts, but today was an exception. I happened to have a couple zucchini’s on hand, and I wanted to bake something for a dessert. Then it hit me – I haven’t made a zucchini bread in a long time! So here is a recipe for keto zucchini bread with walnuts.
Zucchini bread, to me, is more of a seasonal treat. My mom tends to make them more around the holidays. She prefers to make more of a sugary chocolate chip version than this one. But luckily, zucchini bread is just as easy to make keto and sugar-free. Just replace the sugar with erythritol and the flour with almond flour, and you have a keto friendly recipe.
For the crust, I decided I wanted to use up some of my walnuts. It adds a nice crunch to the bread, which is what I like. The balance of sweet and crunchy works well for me. If you want more a sweet and salty flavor, just toss some salt on the crust layer as well.
As for freezing, this bread does freeze well. Instead of slicing each piece up and freezing, I like to actually freeze the entire loaf. That’s only because each loaf tends to disappear quickly when family is around.
Makes 16 servings of Keto Zucchini Bread with Walnuts
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups erythritol
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Set to the side.
2. In another bowl, mix together the almond flour, erythritol, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger. Set to the side.
3. Using a cheesecloth or paper towel, take the zucchini and squeeze out the excess water.
4. Then, whisk the zucchini into the bowl with the eggs.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture using a hand mixer until fully blended.
6. Lightly spray a 9×5 loaf pan, and spoon in the zucchini bread mixture.
7. Then, spoon in the chopped walnuts on top of the zucchini bread. Press walnuts into the batter using a spatula.
8. Bake for 60-70 minutes at 350ºF or until the walnuts on top look browned.
This makes a total of 16 servings of Keto Zucchini Bread with Walnut Crust. Each slice comes out to be 201.13 Calories, 18.96g Fats, 2.5g Net Carbs, and 5.6g Protein.
|Zucchini Bread With Walnut Crust||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 ½ cups almond flour||1600||140||60||30||30||60|
|½ cup olive oil||955||108||0||0||0||0|
|3 large eggs||210||15||1.5||0||1.5||18|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||20||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 cup zucchini||19||0.4||3.5||1.1||2.4||1.4|
|1 ½ teaspoon baking powder||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon nutmeg||6||0||1||0||1||0|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon||6||0||2||1||1||0|
|¼ teaspoon ground ginger||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ cup chopped walnuts||400||40||8||4||4||10|
|Per Serving (/16)||201.13||18.963||4.75||2.2563||2.4938||5.5875|