Carbonara is an Italian staple. While you may not be able to have the delicious carby version, you can definitely make a similar keto pasta kind!
For this recipe, you will need shiritaki noodles. You can find them in the grocery store alongside the tofu. If you can’t find it, don’t fret! You can also use zucchini noodles, cucumber noodles, or even Palmini noodles (although, that’s a bit pricey.)
One trick with carbonara is you have to follow the recipe to a ‘T.’ If you don’t, you could end up with a very eggy carbonara, which is not at all tasty! If you find that when you add your eggs to the pasta, that they separate and look scrambled – then you’re pasta is too hot. You want to make sure the noodles are very warm when you add the mix in. If you’re carbonara turns out a little watery, put it all back on the stove on and stir over low heat until it thickens. Just make sure it doesn’t scramble.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Spaghetti alla Carbonara
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces chopped thick-cut bacon
- 3 packages shiritaki noodles, (226 g)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Salt, pepper, and parsley to taste
1. In a deep pan, melt your butter.
2. Add in your bacon and cook on medium-high until nice and crispy.
3. Add in the minced garlic then drop your shiritaki noodles into the pan and turn it down to medium-low.
4. Stir frequently as you heat up the noodles.
5. In the meantime, in a separate bowl, beat together your eggs and ¾ of your cheese.
6. Once the noodles are very warm, take it off the heat and throw them into a separate bowl.
7. Immediately stir in your egg/cheese mixture. Make sure that the eggs do not scramble, but thicken into a velvety sauce.
8. Serve immediately, topping with parsley and the rest of your cheese.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Spaghetti alla Carbonara. Each serving comes out to be 361 Calories, 28.84g Fats, 2.2g Net Carbs, and 16.4g Protein.
|Keto Spaghetti alla Carbonara||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 ½ tablespoons butter||153||17.28||0.01||0||0.01||0.18|
|5 ounces chopped thick-cut bacon||588||55.96||1.8||0||1.8||17.79|
|3 (226 g) packages shiritaki noodles||60||0||18||18||0||0|
|3 large eggs||214||14.27||1.08||0||1.08||18.84|
|1 cup grated Parmesan cheese||420||27.84||3.91||0||3.91||28.42|
|2 large garlic cloves, minced||9||0.03||1.98||0.1||1.88||0.38|