Curry is one of those seasonings you either love or hate. For me, I love the taste of it! When I thought about what seasoning I wanted to cook the shrimp, curry popped into my head. While I wouldn’t normally do it, I knew I had to try it!
To my liking, this shrimp curry skillet turned out amazing! There’s so much flavor and it’s not too hot either. I think the zucchini noodles pair really well with it and it helps to calm down the spiciness.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Shrimp Curry Zucchini Skillet
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 100 gram canned tomatoes with green chiles
- 100 gram heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Sea salt to taste
- 500 gram cooked shrimp
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Start by making the curry sauce by heating a saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and heat until fragrant.
3. Add in the red curry paste and canned tomatoes. Stir to combine well.
4. Add in the heavy whipping cream, chicken stock, and salt to taste. Stir to combine well.
5. Pulse in a blender until smooth.
6. Wash shrimp and pat dry.
7. Spiralize the zucchinis in a veggie spiralizer. Then, cook the zucchini noodles in a skillet until tender.
8. In a skillet over medium heat, add in the olive oil with the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2-4 minutes. Remove the shrimp from heat.
9. Pour the curry sauce into the pan and bring it to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add the shrimp back into the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
11. Serve the shrimp curry over the top of the zucchini noodles. Top with chopped cilantro and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Shrimp Curry Zucchini Skillet. Each serving comes out to be 464 calories, 31.9g fat, 10.4g net carbs, and 33.3g protein.
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|0.50 medium yellow onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|2.00 tablespoon red curry paste||52||1.8||7.4||0.7||6.7||1.5|
|100.00 gram canned tomatoes with green chiles||15||0.1||3.6||0||3.6||0.7|
|100.00 gram heavy whipping cream||340||36.1||2.7||0||2.7||2.8|
|0.25 cup Chicken Stock||22||0.7||2.1||0||2.1||1.5|
|0.00 none sea salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|500.00 gram cooked shrimp||595||8.5||7.5||0||7.5||116|
|4.00 tablespoon olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|4.00 medium zucchini||130||3.1||23.4||8.7||14.7||9.9|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh cilantro||0||0||0.1||0.1||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||464||31.9||12.9||2.5||10.4||33.3|