This recipe is magical. The first thing you see is crisp bacon wrapped around chicken, but cut it open and it reveals a cheesy interior! It’s a trick, where you serve something amazing looking that only gets better as you dive into it.
The half chicken breasts are stuffed with cream cheese, ricotta, and spinach. Then they are held closed with a bacon wrapping and pan seared before getting finished off in the oven.
Yields 6 servings of Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bombs
- 2 pounds (about 3) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup full-fat ricotta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices bacon
1. Thaw the spinach out and wring as much water out of it as possible. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Mix the spinach with the cream cheese and full-fat ricotta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cut the chicken breasts in half as shown. You want them to still be thick enough to cut pouches into.
4. Carefully cut pockets into one of the ends of each piece of chicken. If you accidentally cut through all the way a little filling might squeeze out, but it’s not a big deal. Bacon can fix everything. Stuff the pockets with the cheese filling.
5. Tightly wrap two slices of bacon around each piece of chicken. Try and seal up the open end and any holes where filling might seep out. However, don’t wrap it so tight that the chicken folds in on itself or you might have difficulty cooking it through.
6. Pan sear the bacon wrapped chicken in a hot skillet. You don’t have to brown all the sides equally because they will be finished off in the oven.
7. Set the pieces of chicken into an oven safe dish while you finish the others.
8. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the bacon is well crisped and the chicken is cooked all the way through. The chicken is done when it reaches 165°F.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bombs. Each serving comes out to be 384.83 Calories, 20.48g Fats, 2.3g Net Carbs, and 44.75g Protein.
|Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bombs||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts||1088||23.75||0||0||0||204|
|10 ounces frozen spinach||75||1.91||10.56||8.1||2.46||8.82|
|4 ounces cream cheese||397||39.05||6.26||0||6.26||6.97|
|½ cup full-fat ricotta||216||16.1||3.77||0||3.77||13.96|
|12 slices bacon||533||42.06||1.31||0||1.31||34.73|