Salmon has met its new favorite keto companion in this bright and lemony caper cream sauce! Not that traditional salmon isn’t a lovely meal in itself, but wait until you try this omega-3 fatty fish bathed in a simple yet luscious sauce that could pair just as nicely with chicken or shrimp.
The notes of citrus are complimented with the sprinkling of fresh dill. No need to add it right to the sauce, though you could, the fresh dill compliments each bite and is just plain pretty. For this particular recipe, I decided to leave the Parmesan cheese out of the sauce and just give it a healthy sprinkling over the top. At times, Parmesan can be an overpowering flavor so in this dish it just plays accompaniment to the delicate cream and bite of the salty brined capers.
Each salmon filet is seared and set aside because of the quick-cooking nature of the meat. It only takes a few minutes on each side to attain perfectly pink, flaky salmon without drying it out while you cook the sauce. Each filet is actually two servings but depending on your macros, one filet may be your entire meal. As always, count and correct as needed!
Yields 6 servings of Creamy Lemon And Dill Pan Seared Salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the fresh salmon, searing each side for about five minutes.
2. Once the salmon is cooked through, set aside and cover while you prepare the sauce.
3. In the same pan, saute minced garlic over medium heat until fragrant.
4. Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, lemon juice, and capers to the pan.
5. Bring to a light simmer, stirring frequently to thicken.
6. Once the sauce begins to thicken, add the salmon back in the pan and brush the cream sauce over the fillets.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low, just to reheat the salmon.
8. Garnish with the fresh dill and grated Parmesan cheese.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Creamy Lemon And Dill Pan Seared Salmon. Each serving comes out to be 494.01 Calories, 30.67g Fat, 2.15g Net Carbs, and 53.56g Protein.
|Creamy Lemon and Dill Pan Seared Salmon||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|3 (6-ounce) salmon filets (510 g)||1759||58.29||0||0||0||309.16|
|2 cloves garlic||9||0.39||1.98||0.1||1.88||0.38|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.57||6.76||0||6.76||6.76|
|1 ounce cream cheese||99||9.76||1.56||0||1.56||1.74|
|2 tablespoons caper||4||0.15||0.84||0.6||0.24||0.41|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice||3||0.04||1.04||0||1.04||0.05|
|2 teaspoons fresh dill||0.03||0.01||0.06||0||0.06||0.03|
|2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese||42||2.78||1.39||0||1.39||2.84|
|Per Servings (/6)||494.01||30.67||2.27||0.12||2.15||53.56|