A good soup recipe is a gift that keeps on giving. This Keto Mushroom Soup is a special dish, packed with immunity-boosting nutrients, hearty goodness, and rich earthy flavor. It’s simple to make and works as an easy lunch or dinner – or a starter for a special night with friends. Look no further if you’re a lover of thick, creamy, and delicious soup with a rich broth and bouillon base.
Mushrooms are delicious and contain some unusual B vitamins, including riboflavin, which protects your red blood cells, and niacin, which helps with digestion and gives your skin a healthy glow. Mushrooms also contain pantothenic acid, which helps maintain your nervous system and supports hormone production.
This Keto Mushroom Soup is low-carb, wonderfully filling, and has the added goodness of cayenne pepper, which aids in speeding up the metabolism and promoting weight loss. You get an immunity boost from the garlic and onion, and four cups of chicken broth ramps up the comfort level and supplies the body with hydration and nutrients. Chicken broth is also an intensely flavorful choice for a soup base.
Along with all this hearty goodness, you get a substantial protein hit and potassium, vitamin C, and manganese with the addition of thyme. This recipe is a keeper as it’s great for a quick and easy work lunch. If you love leftovers, double up the portion so you can pop some soup in the freezer for those nights when you want a little luxury with minimal effort.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Mushroom Soup
- 20 ounce mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. In a saucepan over low to medium heat, add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the pan along with olive oil. Cook until fragrant.
3. Add in the sliced mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine well and let cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and stir to combine well.
5. Add in the chicken bouillon cube, cayenne pepper, and thyme. Stir together. Turn the heat up to medium to high and let it come to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and let cook for 10 minutes.
6. Pour in the heavy whipping cream and cream cheese and stir to combine well. Let this cook for about 5 minutes and then pulse with an immersion blender to get it smoth.
7. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
8. Serve in bowls and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Mushroom Soup. Each serving comes out to be 468 calories, 44.3g fat, 9.8g net carbs, and 8.5g protein.
|20.00 ounce mushrooms||159||2.8||30.1||12.5||17.6||12.5|
|0.33 cup olive oil||630||71.3||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 medium onion||19||0.1||4.4||0.8||3.6||0.6|
|3.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||13||0||2.8||0.2||2.6||0.5|
|0.50 cup heavy whipping cream||405||42.9||3.3||0||3.3||3.4|
|4.00 cup chicken broth||60||2.1||4.4||0||4.4||6.4|
|6.00 ounce cream cheese||582||57.8||7||0||7||10.5|
|0.50 teaspoon cayenne pepper||3||0.2||0.5||0.2||0.3||0.1|
|0.50 teaspoon thyme||0||0||0.1||0.1||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon chicken bouillon cube||1||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||468||44.3||13.2||3.5||9.8||8.5|