Philly cheesesteaks are almost always made with beef. That’s why I wanted to make a chicken philly cheesesteak, I love to do things a little different on keto and make something new from a classic recipe.
This chicken Philly cheesesteak is just as good, if not better than the original! There are plenty of fresh vegetables in this recipe along with a very creamy taste and they all go well with the golden chicken!
Yields 8 servings of Keto Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 32 ounce boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounce cremini mushrooms, halved
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounce provolone cheese
1. Measure out and prepare all ingredients. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. On medium to high heat, add butter to a frying pan. Add in the chicken and fry until done.
3. Then, add in onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Add in half of the garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Fry the chicken and vegetables until tender. Then, remove from heat.
4. In a bowl, combine the rest of the garlic, cream cheese, heavy cream, worcestershire sauce, and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix this into the chicken and vegetables.
5. Put this in a baking dish and top with provolone cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 8 servings of Keto Chicken Philly Cheesesteak. Each serving comes out to be 554 calories, 43.6g fat, 6.0g net carbs, and 36.1g protein.
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|32.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||1297||81||0||0||0||153.9|
|0.50 medium yellow onion||21||0||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|1.00 medium green bell pepper||23||0.2||5.4||2||3.4||1|
|8.00 ounce cremini mushrooms||64||0.2||9.3||1.4||7.9||5.7|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|8.00 ounce cream cheese||776||77.1||9.3||0||9.3||14|
|0.50 cup heavy cream||405||42.8||3.2||0||3.2||3.3|
|2.00 tablespoon worcestershire sauce||27||0||6.7||0||6.7||0|
|8.00 ounce cheddar cheese||916||75.6||7||0||7||51.9|
|8.00 ounce provolone cheese||796||60.4||4.9||0||4.9||58|
|Per Serving (/8)||554||43.6||6.6||0.5||6.0||36.1|