Jalapeños and cream cheese are one of the best combinations out there! From jalapeno poppers to tasty burgers – the combinations are endless. Today I decided to try my hand at a popper pizza.
When I first decided to make this recipe, I played with the idea of using cream cheese as the base sauce. While it would have been super delicious, I think it would have been too cheesy for this recipe. So instead, I used a tomato paste with no added sugars.
I gotta say, it turned out pretty well. It packs the perfect amount of heat and the cream cheese soothes the spiciness of the jalapeños.
Yields 8 servings of Jalapeño Popper Pizza
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ⅓ cup bacon bits
- ⅓ cup chopped jalapeño peppers
- 11 teaspoon cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, place your mozzarella cheese. Add the oregano, paprika, red chili flakes, and pepper.
2. Heat the cheese up in the microwave, for approximately one minute, or until it has melted.
3. Stir your almond flour into the cheese, mixing until a dough has been formed.
4. Place your dough onto a piece of parchment paper and a pizza tray if you have one. Although, it’s not necessary, it’s just for stabilization when transferring to the oven.
5. Using your hands, knead the dough together.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a circle shape.
7. Roll the edges of the dough 2 inches towards the center of the pizza to make a crust.
8. Place a dollop of tomato paste onto the dough, spreading it around with a spoon.
9. Using a teaspoon, place ½ chunks of cream cheese around the pizza.
10. Top with jalapeños, bacon, chives and garlic powder.
11. Cook at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Jalapeño Popper Pizza. Each serving comes out to be 189.38 Calories, 14.92g Fats, 2.82g Net Carbs, and 11.13g Protein.
|Keto Jalapeno Popper Pizza||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 cups (224 g) shredded mozzarella cheese||672||50.06||4.91||0||4.91||49.66|
|¾ cups almond flour||480||42||18||9||9||18|
|½ teaspoon oregano||2||0.04||0.62||0.4||0.22||0.08|
|½ teaspoon paprika||3||0.15||0.62||0.4||0.22||0.16|
|½ teaspoon red chili flakes||3||0.16||0.51||0.2||0.31||0.11|
|½ teaspoon pepper||3||0.04||0.74||0.3||0.44||0.12|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste||13||0.08||3.03||0.7||2.33||0.69|
|⅓ cup bacon bits||133||8||0||0||0||16|
|⅓ cup chopped canned jalapeno peppers||12||0.42||2.13||1.2||0.93||0.41|
|11 teaspoon cream cheese||186||18.31||2.93||0||2.93||3.27|
|½ teaspoons garlic powder||5||0.01||1.13||0.1||1.03||0.26|
|3 tablespoons chopped chives||3||0.07||0.39||0.2||0.19||0.29|