If you love the taste of lemon and poppy like I do, then you’ll be an instant fan of these muffins. They’re so fast and easy to make and store (and freeze) well for a perfect breakfast throughout the week. Plus, they’re only 1.73g net carbs per muffin so you won’t have to feel guilty when you’re in a rush and need to leave the house.
I highly suggest popping them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to warm through, slice in half, and place a pad of butter between them. Just for that extra kick of keto fat in the morning!
One of the great things about these are the texture when they’re fresh. The bottoms crust up really well and add just a little bit of extra crunch when they come out of the oven. You could easily whip up a quick cream cheese frosting that these would definitely stand up against, too, if you want a dessert.
Don’t forget to try out these Lemon Poppyseed Souffles either – they’re just as flavorful and a tasty, light dessert to serve when guests come over! Let me know how you like them both in the comments below.
Yields 12 Keto Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 drops liquid Stevia
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. In a bowl, use a fork to combine the almond flour, flaxseed meal, erythritol, and poppy seeds together.
2. Stir in the melted butter, eggs, and heavy cream until smooth, ensuring no lumps are in the batter.
3. Once smooth, add in the baking powder, liquid stevia, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
4. Measure the batter out equally between 12 cupcake molds. You can use silicone cupcake molds (much easier to remove after baking), or you can use a normal muffin pan.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until slight browning appears. I prefer to bake on the higher side to get the nice crust on the bottom.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes on the counter.
7. Slice and serve! They taste fantastic sliced in half with a pad of butter between the muffins. Great for eating with your morning coffee!
This makes a total of 12 Keto Lemon Poppyseed Muffins. Each muffin comes out to be 130 Calories, 11.69g Fats, 1.73g Net Carbs, and 4.04g Protein.
|Keto Lemon Poppyseed Muffins||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|¾ cup almond flour||480||42||18||9||9||18|
|¼ cup golden flaxseed meal||140||9||8||6||2||6|
|1/3 cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||2||0||1.27||0||1.27||0|
|2 tablespoons poppy seeds||92||7.31||4.95||3.4||1.55||3.17|
|¼ cup salted butter||400||46.03||0.03||0||0.03||0.48|
|¼ cup heavy whipping cream||202||21.47||1.63||0||1.63||1.69|
|3 large eggs||214||14.27||1.08||0||1.08||18.84|
|2 tablespoons lemon zest||6||0.04||1.92||1.3||0.62||0.18|
|3 tablespoons lemon juice||10||0.11||3.15||0.1||3.05||0.16|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.53||0||0.53||0|
|25 drops liquid Stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|