Introducing delicious chocolate chaffles. They’re sure to become your newest keto-friendly treat. A chaffle, if you’re not aware, is a waffle made with cheese and egg—and sometimes a small amount of almond flour is added. You cook chaffles in a standard waffle maker and then serve them with your favorite toppings.
Making these chocolate chaffles is super simple. You prepare the batter by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. While the traditional chaffle has cheese in it, when making chocolate ones, you can leave the cheese out if you wish. The choice is yours.
Once the mixture is ready, turn your waffle maker on. When it reaches the correct temperature, start cooking your chaffles one by one until the whole mixture has been used up.
Your chaffles can be served warm or cool. You can eat them plain or serve them with your favorite toppings. Keto-friendly fruits like berries work well, as well as nuts, chocolate chips, unsweetened coconut, whipped cream, and melted chocolate.
If you’re looking for a new snack or dessert that’s keto-friendly, tasty, and nutritious, give these chocolate chaffles a try. They’re the perfect snack to whip up quickly. They also work well as breakfast or a dessert.
Yields 3 servings of Keto Chocolate Chaffle
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon erythritol
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Heat up a waffle iron and brush with some melted butter.
3. In a bowl, whisk the egg with melted butter. Add in the unsweetened cocoa powder, almond flour, and erythritol.
4. Whisk to combine well until it is smooth in consistency.
5. Add in the mozzarella cheese and stir well to coat.
6. Evenly place the batter into the pre-heated waffle iron. Close and follow the waffle maker instructions. Cook waffles until you have used up all of the batter.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto Chocolate Chaffle. Each serving comes out to be 130 calories, 10.3g fat, 2.1g net carbs, and 6g protein.
|1.00 large egg||79||5.2||0.4||0||0.4||6.9|
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|2.00 tablespoon almond flour||81||7||3.1||1.8||1||2.9|
|2.00 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder||41||1||6||2||4||2.0|
|1.50 tablespoon erythritol||4||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup shredded mozzarella||84||6.2||0.6||0||0.6||6.2|
|Per Serving (/3)||130||10.3||3.4||1.3||2.1||6|