I have been loving easy to make recipes more and more lately. Living on the keto diet doesn’t mean you have to take a lot of time to prepare your meals. You can get hearty meals without all the extra steps.
This skillet recipe is so easy to make, just chop your vegetables, cook your shrimp and sausage and voila! You have your hearty keto dinner.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Shrimp & Sausage Skillet
- 8 ounce shrimp, peeled + de-veined
- 2 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 12 ounce pork sausage, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, toss the shrimp in the old bay seasoning.
3. In a frying pan over medium to high heat, add the olive oil and heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 3-4 minutes on both sides. When cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan, cook the onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper for about 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
5. Add the chopped sausage and diced zucchini to the frying pan with the onion and peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
6. Add the cooked shrimp to the pan as well as the fresh garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring it all together.
7. Pour chicken stock into the frying pan and stir well until everything is combined well.
8. Season with crushed red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Turn off the stovetop and add fresh parsley on top for serving.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Shrimp & Sausage Skillet. Each serving comes out to be 450 calories, 34.3g fat, 6g net carbs, and 29g protein.
|8.00 ounce shrimp||193||1.2||0||0||0||45.6|
|2.00 teaspoon old bay seasoning||6||0.3||0.8||0.3||0.5||0.3|
|3.00 tablespoon olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 medium yellow onion||21||0||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|1.00 medium red bell pepper||36||0.4||6.9||2.4||4.5||1.1|
|0.50 medium green bell pepper||12||0.1||2.7||1||1.7||0.5|
|12.00 ounce pork sausage||1106||92.7||4.8||0||4.8||63|
|1.00 medium zucchini||33||0.8||5.8||2.2||3.7||2.5|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|0.25 cup Chicken Stock||22||0.7||2.1||0||2.1||1.5|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes||3||0.2||0.5||0.2||0.3||0.1|
|3.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||4||0.1||0.7||0.4||0.3||0.3|
|Per Serving (/4)||450||34.3||7.8||1.8||6||29|