A Sunday roast is the perfect meal for any special occasion. Whether it’s a birthday, holiday, or just a family get together, a roast is a classic and traditional way to get everyone around the table enjoying a fantastic meal.
I came across this recipe a while back, and I’ve done some variations on it – in the end, I always come back to using the same recipe I found years ago. It’s one of the best ways I’ve ever cooked a roast, and one of the most delicious ways to get the money out of a roast.
I know roasts can get quite expensive, but if it’s a special occasion in your house or you’re having guests over, then this would be the perfect recipe to serve! Though I served with broccoli, I highly suggest serving this with some Roasted Pecan Green Beans – it would be a match made in heaven 🙂
The fat on this roast literally melts in your mouth. It’s so delicious together with the almost fall apart meat that you’ll be asking yourself why you never cooked a roast like this before. Seriously, you can cut this meat with a fork – it’s THAT tender!
Yields 8 Servings
- 5 pounds beef rib roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. In a roasting pan, let the 5 lb. Roast sit at room temperature for 60 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 375F. Begin mixing the spices together in a small bowl.
3. Rub the roast down with the seasonings, making sure the whole top is liberally covered.
4. Now, for the hard part. Let the roast sit in the oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, turn off the oven completely. Let the roast sit in the oven for 3 hours. Do NOT open the oven door – you want the residual heat to continue cooking the meat.
About 30-45 minutes before serving the meat, turn the oven back on to 375F.
5. Remove the roast from the oven and cover with foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes additionally.
6. Slice the roast as thick as you’d like it. We got 2 large slices per person, serving 8 people total with some leftovers.
7. Serve! I had this with a side of broccoli with ranch and hot sauce.
This yields 8 total servings, each serving being 681 Calories, 46.6g Fats, 0.3g Net Carbs, and 90g Protein.
|Perfect Sunday Roast||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|5 lbs. Beef Rib Roast||5440||373||0||0||0||720|
|2 tsp. Salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Pepper||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Garlic Powder||9||0||2||0||2||0|
|Per Serving ( /8 )||681.4||46.6||0.3||0.0||0.3||90.0|