Whip up this dish in no time! The wholesome ingredients make it a perfect choice for lunch, dinner, or as leftovers the next day.
It can be hard to figure out what to eat every day and to keep your diet balanced while on a jam-packed schedule. This creamy chicken and broccoli dish makes busy days easier with simple ingredients you can probably find in your fridge. Chicken breasts are high in protein and taste delicious when paired with the creamy sauce. Feel free to substitute it with chicken drumsticks or thighs, although note that this will change the dish’s nutritional profile.
Broccoli is also known as one of the highest sources of plant protein available. It contains essential nutrients needed to keep our body healthy, including iron, potassium, and magnesium. It’s also packed full of fiber to improve your gut health and keep your digestive system running smoothly.
The creamy sauce pairs perfectly with the chicken and broccoli, and the addition of the sun-dried tomatoes brings out the natural umami flavors of the chicken broth. Make sure to add enough of the shredded cheese and cream cheese, as it will take the sauce to the next level. Dairy products like cheese taste incredible, but they also provide a punch of calcium—which is needed to keep our bones and teeth strong.
Feel free to substitute in any melty cheese you’d like, based on your taste preferences. We love a blend of mozzarella, parmesan, and cheddar for that perfect mix of stretchy, nutty, rich goodness!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Creamy Chicken & Broccoli
- 16 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 10 ounce broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Chop the chicken into cubes.
2. Add the chicken to a bowl and season with Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Toss to coat the chicken with all the seasonings.
3. In a frying pan, add the olive oil and the seasoned chicken. Cook over medium high heat until internal temperature reaches 165F.
4. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Then add the broccoli and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Stir and cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until broccoli starts to turn soft.
5. Add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat until the cheese starts to melt.
6. Once the cheese has melted, add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
7. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Creamy Chicken & Broccoli. Each serving comes out to be 430 calories, 33.5g fat, 6.5g net carbs, and 26.6g protein.
|16.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||649||40.5||0||0||0||76.9|
|3.00 tablespoon olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon italian seasoning||3||0.1||0.6||0.4||0.2||0.1|
|0.25 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes||1||0.1||0.3||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||13||0||2.8||0.2||2.6||0.5|
|0.25 cup sun-dried tomatoes||35||0.4||7.5||1.7||5.9||1.9|
|10.00 ounce broccoli||99||1.2||20.4||9.4||11||6.8|
|0.50 cup mozzarella cheese||168||12.5||1.2||0||1.2||12.4|
|4.00 ounce cream cheese||388||38.6||4.7||0||4.7||7|
|0.33 cup chicken broth||5||0.2||0.4||0||0.4||0.5|
|Per Serving (/4)||430||33.5||9.5||2.9||6.5||26.6|