As most of you know, I’m a huge fan of Asian food and flavors. Surprisingly, I’ve never had flanken cut short ribs (most familiar with the Korean style short ribs). I found them in the supermarket a few weeks back and grabbed some to try. I have to tell you – they are well worth it! They’re not too expensive, they’re extremely tender and delicious, and best of all – packed full of fats.
I didn’t have any Kimchi on hand, so I served with some purple cabbage, cilantro and a soy/vinegar based dipping sauce. Traditionally, these grilled ribs (kalbi kui) would be accompanied by some type of pickled spicy cabbage (kimchi). You can easily make your own, or just buy it in the store – it’s delicious!
On a side note, I do want to say that we’ve started the countdown to the launch of Keto Delivered. If you haven’t heard yet, it’s a keto subscription box that will send awesome keto food right to your doorstep. Not only will be it be tasty, but it’ll be food from small businesses that you can’t just find in your typical store.
With this countdown, we’re offering a contest where you can win a 6 month subscription of Keto Delivered for free! Head over to www.ketodelivered.com to enter!
Yields 4 servings of Asian Grilled Keto Short Ribs
Ribs and Marinade
- 6 large Short Ribs, flanken cut (~ 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Fish Sauce
Asian Spice Rub
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame Seed
- 1/4 tsp. Cardamom
- 1 tbsp. Salt
1. Mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and fish sauce. You can optionally add some olive oil and sesame oil to the marinade.
2. Set short ribs in a casserole dish or container that has raised edges. Pour the marinade over the ribs and let sit for at 45-60 minutes.
3. Mix together the spice rub.
4. Empty marinade from the casserole dish, then pour the spice mixture evenly over both sides of the ribs.
5. Heat your grill and grill the ribs up! About 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness.
6. Serve up with your favorite vegetables or side dish.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Asian Grilled Keto Short Ribs. Per serving (taking into account the marinade not absorbing all liquids) is 417 Calories, 31.8g Fats, 0.9g Net Carbs, and 29.5g Protein.
|Asian Grilled Keto Short Ribs||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|6 large Short Ribs||1620||126||0||0||0||114|
|1 tbsp. Soy Sauce||10||0||0||0||0||2|
|1/2 tbsp. Rice Vinegar||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tbsp. Fish Sauce||8||0||0||0||0||2|
|1 tsp. Ground Ginger||6||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/2 tsp. Onion Powder||4||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/2 tsp, Minced Garlic||3||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes||6||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/2 tsp. Sesame Seed||8||1||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Cardamom||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tbsp. Salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving ( /4 )||416.8||31.8||0.9||0.0||0.9||29.5|