The other day I was running late in the morning and didn’t have time to make anything. It really made me re-think what I need to do in emergency situations, so I started to experiment. I like eating something sweet in the morning, so I threw some stuff together. I guessed pretty well because what came out was a rewarding coffee cube!
You can add this to your coffee when you’re on the run, or even if you’re not. The MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides in the coconut oil) will keep you full and give you energy for hours to come. It’s packed with necessary saturated fats and linoleic acids, and can also be used in intermittent fasting – filling you up but not pulling you out of ketosis. It’s a win-win all around!
This recipe and the photos are courtesy of reddit/r/ketorecipes.
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 square unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 drops EZSweets
- 1 small plastic cup
1. Grab a microwave safe container (preferably small – I used a plastic cup) and toss in the square of unsweetened chocolate inside.
2. Add 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil and then add a heaped tablespoon of peanut butter. I used Peter Pan peanut butter because that’s all that was in the store. I prefer to use Skippy’s All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter.
3. Add 3 drops of EZSweets, or if you want to you can use a packet of Splenda. If you use the Splenda, make sure you add one extra carb to the total.
4. Nuke it in the microwave for 1 minute (long awaiting the glory).
5. Finally done! Stir it up so it’s a nice liquid consistency.
6. Pour the mixture out into a small plastic cup.
7. To the freezer! I make a lot of them ahead of time just in case I am running late – I will never be unprepared again. If you’re not a breakfast person and prefer something on the lighter side, this will be absolutely perfect for you!
8. And it’s showtime! Just plop it into the bottom of your cup and pour your coffee straight over the top.
Each serving comes out to be 403 Calories, 36.86g Fats, 6.21g Net Carbs, and 7.7g Protein.
|Fast and Easy Coffee Cubes||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon peanut butter||96||8.22||3.57||0.8||2.77||3.55|
|1 square unsweetened baking chocolate||186||15.17||8.24||4.8||3.44||4.15|
|1 tablespoon coconut oil||121||13.47||0||0||0||0|
|3 drops EZSweets||0||0||0||0||0||0|