If you’ve been missing the crunch factor on keto, these bars will cheer you right up! The coconut and pecans bring some fantastic texture throughout the bars, and the chia seeds soak up all of the flavors. Chia seeds are packed full of nutrients: they’re rich in fiber, full of omega fatty acids, and are high in antioxidants making this a super easy treat that’s healthy, too.
The ingredients come together in this recipe to make for a perfect snack or an easy breakfast to grab and go. Feel free to use almond (or coconut) milk instead of water to add a little more richness to the bars as well!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Coconut Pecan Chia Bars
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon powdered stevia/erythritol blend
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl combine the chia seeds and water and let it sit until it becomes thick, about 15 minutes.
3. In another bowl, mix together the soaked chia seeds, unsweetened shredded coconut, coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined well.
4. Gently stir in the pecans.
5. Line a pan with parchment paper.
6. Pour the mixture into the parchment-lined baking pan, and spread evenly. It should be about 3/4″ thick.
7. Put in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
8. Let cool in the pan before slicing and serving.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Coconut Pecan Chia Bars. Each serving comes out to be 213 calories, 20.1g fat, 2.1g net carbs, and 3.1g protein.
|4.00 tablespoon chia seeds||233||14.8||20.2||16.5||3.7||7.9|
|0.50 cup water||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 cup unsweetened shredded coconut||561||55.3||20.4||13.6||6.8||5.9|
|1.00 tablespoon coconut oil||122||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon powdered stevia/erythritol blend||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract||3||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|0.50 cup pecans||359||37.4||7.2||5||2.2||4.8|
|Per Serving (/6)||213.17||20.15||8.00||5.85||2.15||3.10|