Growing up I never really liked eggnog. That slimy, thick consistency was never something that I wanted to like or could bring myself to like.
This one, however, will be a hit – it’s thick, creamy, delicious, and will knock your socks off! If you’re new to keto and haven’t had alcohol – be careful as this can make you drunk. I put a lot of alcohol in mine as we have a family that can drink often.
If you make 2 batches, one without alcohol, kids will love it too – just tell them it’s a holiday milkshake. Hell, just give them the one with alcohol in and let them sleep through the season without being too rambunctious 😛
Let me know how you and your family like this one, I’m sure it will be a hit!
Yields 5 potent and very filling servings.
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3-4 Tbsp. Granulated Splenda (or your choice of sweetener to taste)
- A lot of Rum (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Allspice
1. Get all your ingredients together.
2. In a mixing bowl, put your 2 cups of heavy cream and 1 cup of coconut milk.
3. In separate containers, separate 3 eggs into whites and yolks.
4. Whip your egg whites until peaks form.
5. Whisk your egg yolks until they are creamy.
Add your egg yolks to the coconut milk and heavy cream, whisking it in so that it’s mixed well.
6. Mix the egg whites into the cream/coconut milk well.
7. Add your vanilla to the mixture.
8. Add your spices to the mixture, this is where you can add your sweetener to taste.
10. Mix the ingredients well together, ensuring that there are no lumps in the mixture.
11. In a container, whisk an egg together until it is consistent throughout (no whites showing). Mix it into your eggnog.
12. Now the rum! Measure out however much you want, of course – the more the better! Pour it into your egg not and mix well.
13. Enjoy! Adjust your sweeteners/spices if need be, I usually add a little bit more because I like the flavor punch.
Put this in the refrigerator OVERNIGHT. Let it settle, otherwise it will be a bit too foamy for most.
For us this made 5 servings (they were large servings and very filling) which came out to be: 507 Calories, 37g Fats, 2.9g Net Carbs, and 4.8g Protein.
|Keto Egg Nog||Calories||Fat (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 Cups Heavy Cream||1632||160||6.4||0||6.4||0|
|1 Cup Coconut Milk||50||5||2||1||1||0|
|3-4 Tbsp. Sweetener||0||0||2||0||2||0|
|Rum (a lot, or to taste)||520||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 Tbsp. Vanilla||36||0||2||0||2||0|
|2 tsp. Cinnamon||12||0||4||2||2||0|
|1 tsp. Allspice||5||0||1||0||1||0|