Growing up I never really liked eggnog. That slimy, thick consistency was never something that I wanted to like or could bring myself to like.
This keto eggnog recipe, however, will be a hit – it’s thick, creamy, delicious, and will knock your socks off! If you’re new to keto and haven’t had alcohol – be careful as this can make you drunk. I put a lot of alcohol in mine as we have a family that can drink often.
Let me know how you and your family like this one, I’m sure it will be a hit!
Yields 6 potent and very filling servings.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened from the carton (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 4 large eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons erythritol/stevia blend, powdered (or your choice of sweetener to taste)
- 7.5 ounces rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
1. Get all your ingredients together.
2. In a mixing bowl, put your 2 cups of heavy cream and 2 cups of coconut milk.
3. In separate containers, separate 4 eggs into whites and yolks.
4. Whip your egg whites until peaks form.
5. Whisk your egg yolks until they are creamy. Add your egg yolks to the coconut milk and heavy cream, whisking it in so that it’s mixed well.
6. Mix the egg whites into the cream/coconut milk well.
7. Add your spices, vanilla, and sweetener to the mixture. You can adjust the sweetener to taste at the end of the recipe.
8. Mix the ingredients well together, ensuring that there are no lumps in the mixture.
10. Now the rum! Measure out however much you want and pour it into your eggnog. Mix well and enjoy!
Adjust your sweeteners/spices if need be, I usually add a little bit more because I like the flavor punch. Put this in the refrigerator OVERNIGHT. Let it settle, otherwise it will be a bit too foamy for most.
NOTE: If you do not want to consume raw eggs, you can place your mixture over a saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring the mixture to 160 degrees F, stirring frequently. Do NOT let the eggnog come to a boil as this will curdle the mixture.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Creamy Delicious Keto Eggnog. Each serving comes out to be 421.3 Calories, 33.4g Fats, 3.5g Net Carbs, and 6.6g Protein.
|Creamy Delicious Keto Eggnog||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 cups heavy whipping cream||1618||171.74||13.04||0||13.04||13.52|
|2 cups unsweetened coconut milk||89||9.6||1.3||0||1.3||0.9|
|4 large eggs||286||19.02||1.44||0||1.44||25.12|
|3-4 tablespoons erythritol/stevia blend||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|7.5 ounces rum||480||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon vanilla extract||37||0.01||1.64||0||1.64||0.01|
|2 teaspoons cinnamon||13||0.06||4.19||2.8||2.82||0.21|
|1 teaspoon allspice||5||0.17||1.37||0.4||0.97||0.12|