This flavorful chicken dinner comes together in a flash! Smoky chicken tenders are pan seared in butter then served with a decadent sauce over zoodles. I can get this on the table in 30 minutes or less, so it’s the perfect dinner for a busy night.
I can almost promise that you’ll catch someone desperately scraping the last bits of sauce out of the pan. The ingredient list might look simple at first glance, but it’s that good.
It’s a little spicy, so feel free to omit or decrease the cayenne pepper if that’s not your thing.
Yields 4 servings of Chicken Tender Lazone
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.25 pounds (8 pieces) chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1.25 pounds spiralized zucchini
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Optional: garnish with fresh chopped parlsey
1. In a bowl combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, dried basil, and some salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl place your chicken tenderloins then add the tablespoon of olive oil and seasoning mix. Mix together well.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet. Use medium-high heat. Add the chicken tenderloins and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. The chicken should reach 165°F. Once they are done set them aside on a plate. I usually cook these in two batches.
4. Cook the spiral zucchini and season with salt and pepper. You can saute in another pan or cook in the microwave. Drain any excess water.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet that you cooked the chicken in.
6. Whisk in the cup of cream. The whisk and cream should lift up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Whisk in the xanthan gum and the sauce will thicken up. Taste to check the seasoning and add additional salt or pepper as needed.
7. Serve with the zucchini and chicken. You can layer it like I did here, or toss with the zoodles and serve the chicken on top.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Chicken Tender Lazone. Each serving comes out to be 561 Calories, 43.62g Fats, 5.42g Net Carbs, and 34.44g Protein.
|Chicken Tender Lazone||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1.25 pounds (8 pieces) chicken tenderloins||680||14.85||0||0||0||127.5|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|2 teaspoons smoked paprika||13||0.59||2.48||1.6||0.88||0.65|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder||5||0.01||1.13||0.1||1.03||0.26|
|½ teaspoon onion powder||4||0.01||0.95||0.2||0.75||0.12|
|½ teaspoon cayenne pepper||3||0.16||0.51||0.2||0.31||0.11|
|½ teaspoon dried oregano||2||0.04||0.62||0.4||0.22||0.08|
|½ teaspoon dried basil||2||0.03||0.33||0.3||0.03||0.16|
|5 tablespoons unsalted butter||509||57.59||0.04||0||0.04||0.6|
|1.25 pounds spiralized zucchini||96||1.81||17.6||5.7||11.9||1.5|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.87||6.52||0||6.52||6.76|
|¼ teaspoon xanthan gum||2||0||0.58||0.58||0||0|