My love of 2 foods came together when I was wanting a burger for dinner and my other half was begging for keto sushi. I thought, why not combine both into 1? You get the compact, flavor-packed, and fun side of sushi mixed with the rich, cheesy flavors of a burger. All wrapped up into an incredibly unique and tasty dish.
The sauce for this recipe is similar to big mac sauce; sweet and tangy. It packs a punch and helps to cut through the savory beef, rich bacon, and melted cheddar cheese. Make sure not to skip out on the pickle as it adds the perfect acidity to balance out the dish!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Cheeseburger Sushi
- 16 ounce ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 10 slice bacon
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 medium dill pickle, diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon low-carb ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened dill pickle relish
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
2. On a piece of plastic wrap, lay out the slices of bacon slightly on top of one another.
3. Spread the ground beef on top of the bacon. Spread it out thin to ensure it fully cooks. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the cheddar cheese, sliced red onion, and sliced dill pickles on top of the ground beef closest to you. Make a clean line so it is easy to roll.
5. Roll the bacon tightly, enclosing everything inside, using toothpicks to keep it rolled if needed.
6. Place the roll on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until fully cooked through. While the cheeseburger sushi is cooking, make the dipping sauce. In a bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, yellow mustard, and dill pickle relish. Stir this together until it is fully incorporated, and set aside until ready.
7. When slightly cooled, cut the ‘sushi’ into rolls, one per serving. Serve with the sauce.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Cheeseburger Sushi. Each serving comes out to be 602 calories, 50.8g fat, 3.45g net carbs, and 30.7g protein.
|16.00 ounce ground beef||1152||90.7||0||0||0||77.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 ounce cheddar cheese||229||18.9||1.8||0||1.8||13|
|10.00 slice bacon||586||51.3||0||0||0||29.3|
|0.50 medium red onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|2.00 medium dill pickle||17||0.4||3.5||1.4||2||0.7|
|0.25 cup mayonnaise||374||41.2||0.3||0||0.3||0.5|
|2.00 tablespoon low-carb ketchup||18||0||1.9||0||1.9||0|
|1.00 tablespoon yellow mustard||9||0.5||0.9||0.6||0.3||0.6|
|2.00 tablespoon unsweetened dill pickle relish||4||0.1||0.7||0.3||0.4||0.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||602.5||50.825||3.45||0.75||2.7||30.7|