I love creating new casserole dishes. Besides having to chop up your vegetables, this is an easy one pan keto dinner and is very filling!
I made this with a ground beef base with vegetables and seasonings that pair just right and some beef broth to bring all the ingredients together. Of course, I topped it off the best way I know how – with mozzarella cheese and let it bake in the oven until the cheese was just melted!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Cheesy Beef and Spinach Casserole
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 ounce ground beef
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 14 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 whole bay leaf
- 6 ounce spinach
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped plus extra to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 7 ounce mozzarella cheese
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Chop the onion and add olive oil to a frying pan.
3. On medium to high heat, add the ground beef to the frying pan and cook for about 6 – 8 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
4. Add the onion, minced garlic, paprika, red bell pepper, canned diced tomatoes, soy sauce, and tomato paste to the beef. Simmer for 20 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add the bay leaves, fresh parsley and beef broth. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in the spinach until it is wilted. Preheat oven to 375F.
7. Add mozzarella cheese to the top of the dish and put in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
8. Once the cheese has melted, remove from the oven and top with parsley and dried oregano.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Cheesy Beef and Spinach Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 479 calories, 35.5g fat, 5.4g net carbs, and 31.3g protein.
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|24.00 ounce ground beef||1728||136||0.0||0.0||0.0||116.8|
|1.00 medium red onion||41||0.2||9.5||1.3||8.2||1.3|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|1.00 teaspoon paprika||6||0.3||1.2||0.8||0.4||0.3|
|1.00 medium red bell pepper||36||0.4||6.9||2.4||4.5||1|
|14.00 ounce canned diced tomatoes||64||1||13.8||7.5||6.2||3.1|
|1.00 tablespoon soy sauce||8||0.1||0.8||0.1||0.7||1.3|
|1.00 tablespoon tomato paste||13||0.1||3.1||0.7||2.4||0.7|
|2.00 whole bay leaf||6||0.2||1.5||0.5||1||0.2|
|6.00 ounce spinach||39||0.4||6.4||4.1||2.3||5.1|
|3.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||4||0.1||0.7||0.4||0.3||0.3|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 cup beef broth||81||2.5||0||0||0.1||13.2|
|1.00 teaspoon dried oregano||4||0||1.0||0.6||0.4||0.1|
|7.00 ounce mozzarella cheese||595||44.4||4.4||0||4.4||44|
|Per Serving (/6)||479||35.5||8.5||3.1||5.4||31.3|