I am loving prosciutto right now! So, I decided to crisp some up for a delicious single-serving salad. I paired it with a maple syrup dressing and sprinkled on some crumbly blue cheese. Digging into it, I couldn’t help but think that nothing could be tastier.
For the dressing, I used ‘Can-Natur Sugar-Free Syrup’ which is great because it has zero calories and zero carbs. If you can’t find this syrup, I suggest trying a monk fruit maple syrup, such as Lakanto.
This salad is single serving and a great yet easy meal. You could also split this salad in half and serve as a side salad with a meal for two.
Yields 1 serving of Arugula and Prosciutto Salad
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ cup (15 grams) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
1. In a skillet over medium heat, preheat half of the olive oil. Lay the prosciutto slices in the pan and cook until nice and crispy.
2. Drop in your mushrooms and onions, sautéing for 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms have browned.
3. In a smaller bowl or measuring cup, stir together the remaining olive oil and sugar-free maple syrup.
4. Place the arugula into a bowl.
5. Top your arugula with the prosciutto, mushrooms, onions, and blue cheese.
6. Pour on the maple dressing then toss the salad to serve.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Arugula Prosciutto Salad. Each serving comes out to be 98.5 Calories, 8.58g Fats, 1.85g Net Carbs, and 5.23g Protein.
|Arugula and Prosciutto Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 cups arugula||10||0.3||1.5||0.6||0.9||1|
|3 slices prosciutto||55||2.4||0.1||0||0.1||7.9|
|¼ cup chopped onion||26||0.1||5.7||0.8||4.9||8|
|¼ cup chopped mushrooms||11||0.2||2.1||0.9||1.2||0.8|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|⅛ cup (15 grams) crumbled blue cheese||53||4.3||0.3||0||0.3||3.2|
|2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup||0||0||0||0||0||0|