Meet the ultimate comfort food! The creamy flavors of chicken skillet pie meet fluffy biscuits to create a delicious dinner option. Seconds are a must-have.
The best part of one-pot dishes is how easy they are to make and clean up. This buffalo chicken skillet pie is no different, plus it tastes creamy and completely comforting. Usually, pot pies are topped with a pastry-rich layer, but this low-carb version uses fluffy and cheesy biscuits that are also gluten-free.
Almond flour is a great flour replacement as it has a slightly sweet and nutty taste and is incredibly nutritious. This flour substitute is high in protein and contains good amounts of monounsaturated fats, vitamin E, and fiber. When it’s combined with mozzarella cheese, eggs, cream, and butter, the result is a light and fluffy mixture that tops off the pie in a delicious way.
To put the “buffalo” in buffalo chicken, this recipe calls for hot sauce. We love Frank’s hot sauce, but you can always substitute it with a hot sauce of choice, like sriracha. Keep in mind that this amount might have to be adjusted, especially if you want to cook this meal for children.
Making this pie extra convenient is the shredded chicken. You can buy pre-shredded chicken or use leftover chicken from your fridge that you shred beforehand.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Buffalo Chicken Skillet Pie
- 24 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In an Instant Pot, add the chicken breast and season them with salt and pepper. Add in the chicken broth over the chicken breasts. Put the lid on and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes and release naturally after 5 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, shred the chicken breasts with a fork.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, add in the butter, broccoli slaw, diced red bell pepper, diced white onion, and celery. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
4. Add in the shredded chicken and stir all together.
5. Add in the hot sauce, heavy cream, and chicken broth. Stir to combine well. Remove from heat.
6. Move to an oven-safe dish and spread out evenly.
7. Combine all of the ingredients for the biscuits and stir together to combine well. Using a spoon, carefully spoon the biscuit dough on top of the chicken and vegetables evenly.
8. Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the middle of the biscuits are cooked thoroughly.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Buffalo Chicken Skillet Pie. Each serving comes out to be 807 calories, 61.6g fat, 7.4g net carbs, and 53.2g protein.
|24.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast||1123||25||0.0||0||0||210.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.75 cup chicken broth||11||0.4||0.8||0||0.8||1.2|
|1.00 medium red bell pepper||36||0.4||6.9||2.4||4.5||1.1|
|0.50 medium onion||19||0.1||4.4||0.8||3.6||0.6|
|0.25 cup celery||6||0.1||1.1||0.6||0.5||0.3|
|0.50 cup broccoli slaw||16||0||3.3||1.4||2||1.3|
|3.00 tablespoon butter||305||34.5||0||0||0.0||0.4|
|4.00 tablespoon hot sauce||6||0.2||1||0.2||0.8||0.3|
|1.00 cup heavy cream||809||85.7||6.4||0||6.4||6.7|
|2.00 tablespoon chicken broth||2||0.1||0.1||0||0.1||0.2|
|1.75 cup almond flour||1135||98||43.1||25.5||17.6||41.2|
|1.50 cup mozzarella cheese||504||38||3.7||0.0||3.7||37.3|
|2.00 large egg||157||10.5||0.8||0||0.8||13.8|
|0.50 cup heavy whipping cream||405||42.9||3.3||0||3.3||3.4|
|3.00 tablespoon butter||305||34.5||0||0||0||0.4|
|0.25 teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|Per Serving (/6)||807||61.6||12.6||5.1||7.4||53.2|