Who doesn’t like an enchilada? By removing the carbs and serving the tasty ingredients in a bowl, now keto dieters can enjoy them too. When making this dish you can choose to add chicken or make them vegetarian. Either way, they’ll provide you with a filling meal for lunch or dinner.
To make these bowls of goodness, you first need to make the sauce and then cook the chicken and vegetables. Start by making the sauce and then set it aside. Next, if you’re going with chicken, cook the thighs in avocado oil in a pan. Once browned, add the sauce to the chicken along with onion and chiles. Once the chicken’s cooked, it should be removed and sliced before adding it back into the pan.
Now that the ingredients are cooked, it’s time to assemble the bowls. The great thing about this dish is you can customize it by using your favorite toppings. Being a Mexican dish, avocado, cheese, sour cream, tomato, and jalapeno works great, but you can add anything you like. Simply place the chicken mixture into a bowl (on top of cauliflower rice if you wish) and then top it with whatever you want. The bowls are now ready to devour!
Next time you need to put together a delicious meal quickly, give these instant pot enchilada bowls a try.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Enchilada Bowl
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 16 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounce canned diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 cup low carb tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 medium jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Make the enchilada sauce by adding olive oil in a saucepan over medium to low heat. When it gets hot, add in the seasonings for the sauce stirring to combine well and not burn. Whisk in the tomato sauce and chicken broth. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes, remove from heat, and add ini the apple cider vinegar.
2. In a large pot over medium to low heat, add avocado oil to a pan and add the chicken thighs.
3. Add in the enchilada sauce, water, onion, and green chiles to the pot with the chicken. Stir to combine well. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165F.
4. Remove chicken thighs and set onto a cutting board. Shred the chicken with a fork.
5. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Serve the cooked chicken in a bowl and top with sliced avocados, Mexican cheese, sliced jalapeno peppers, and sour cream.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Enchilada Bowl. Each serving comes out to be 595 calories, 48.4g fat, 10.6g net carbs, and 29.7g protein.
|2.00 tablespoon avocado oil||241||27.3||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||649||40.5||0||0||0||76.9|
|0.25 cup water||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup onion||16||0||3.7||0.7||3.1||0.5|
|4.00 ounce canned diced green chilies||37||0||7.6||0||7.6||0|
|1.50 cup low-carb tomato sauce||88||0.7||21.3||5.5||15.8||4.8|
|0.75 cup chicken broth||11||0.4||0.8||0||0.8||1.2|
|3.00 tablespoon olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon chili powder||23||1.2||4||2.8||1.2||1.1|
|1.00 teaspoon cumin||8||0.5||0.9||0.2||0.7||0.4|
|0.50 teaspoon garlic powder||5||0||1.2||0.1||1||0.3|
|0.25 teaspoon oregano||1||0||0.2||0.2||0.1||0|
|0.25 teaspoon ground cinnamon||2||0||0.5||0.4||0.2||0|
|1.00 teaspoon apple cider vinegar||1||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|0.00 none black pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 teaspoon cayenne pepper||1||0.1||0.3||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|1.00 medium avocado||301||27.7||15.6||12.2||3.3||3.5|
|1.00 cup shredded mexican blend cheese||401||32.5||2||0||2||26.9|
|2.00 medium jalapeno pepper||9||0||2.0||0.8||1.1||0.3|
|0.50 cup sour cream||228||22.3||5.3||0||5.3||2.8|
|Per Serving (/4)||595||48.4||16.4||5.8||10.6||29.7|