Looking to make a chicken pot pie, but don’t want to put in the effort to make the crust? Me too. Don’t get me wrong, there is something delicious about making it with a crust, but sometimes easiness overrules tastiness, especially when it’s winter and you come home from work when it’s already dark.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to make, plus an hour of cooking time. You can also use any keto friendly vegetables that you want! I added in some mushrooms, broccoli, and green onions but carrots would taste delicious too!
Yields 5 servings of Chicken ‘Pot Pie’ Casserole
- 1 head cauliflower, riced
- 2 large chicken breasts
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place your chicken breasts in a casserole dish.
2. Top the chicken with cauliflower rice, mushrooms, green onions, and broccoli.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the chicken broth and cream.
4. In another small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and xanthan gum. Quickly pour it into the creamy broth mixture.
5. Whisk in the parsley, some salt, and pepper.
6. Let it sit for 5 minutes so it can thicken up. Pour the sauce onto your vegetables.
7. Stir it all together.
8. Cover with foil.
9. Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
This makes a total of 5 servings of Chicken ‘Pot Pie’ Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 328.8 Calories, 20.29g Fats, 4.4g Net Carbs, and 27.51g Protein.
|Chicken “Pot Pie” Casserole||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 head cauliflower, riced||147||1.65||29.22||11.8||17.42||1.65|
|2 large chicken breasts||653||14.25||0||0||0||122.4|
|½ cup broccoli florets||10||0.12||1.8||0.8||1||1.06|
|½ cup mushrooms||11||0.16||1.56||0.5||1.06||1.48|
|¼ cup green onions, chopped||5||0.08||1.02||0.3||0.72||0.12|
|⅔ cup chicken broth||52||1.73||1.25||0||1.25||7.35|
|½ cup heavy cream||405||42.94||3.38||0||0.38||3.38|
|1 teaspoon dried parsley||1||0.03||0.25||0.1||0.15||0.13|
|3 tablespoons olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon xanthan gum||2||0||0.58||0.58||0||0|