Wow – I am loving this salad! It has a delicious smoky flavor but it’s not overwhelming and goes great with the tangy sour cream. It’s kind of like an entire BBQ in one bowl stacked with neat, greens, veggies, and cheese!
I used G. Hughes Sugar-Free BBQ sauce, which is sweetened with sucralose. It’s a great alternative for regular sauce and only has 1 carb per tablespoon. If you can’t find it, there are several varieties offered at Walmart. In this recipe, I cooked my chicken on the stove, so it can be easily shredded, but you can cook it any way you’d like.
This salad is great to take to a picnic or even save for work.
Yields 6 servings of Keto BBQ Salad with Shredded Chicken.
- 1 package (170g) spring mix lettuce
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons sugar-free BBQ sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a small bowl, mix together your sour cream, garlic powder, water and half of the BBQ sauce. Set aside.
2. Place the chicken breasts into a pan and fill with water.
3. Cook on medium-high until breasts are cooked thoroughly.
4. Using a fork, pull apart your cooked chicken until it has all been shredded.
5. Add in the rest of the BBQ sauce into the chicken and mix together.
6. Mix the lettuce, chicken, bell pepper, avocado, and cheddar cheese in a salad bowl.
7. Serve and top with the BBQ dressing and extra sauce if desired.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto BBQ Salad with Shredded Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 273.03 Calories, 18.87g Fats, 5.63g Net Carbs, and 18.88g Protein.
|Keto BBQ Salad with Shredded Chicken||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 package (170g) spring mix lettuce||48||0.8||8.9||3.4||5.5||3.8|
|2 small chicken breasts||396||8.6||0||0||0||74|
|1 cup sour cream||455||45||11||0||11||5.6|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder||4.2||0||0.9||0.1||0.8||0.2|
|4 tablespoons sugar-free BBQ sauce||20||0||4||0||4||0|
|1 red bell pepper, diced||32||0.2||7.6||1.4||6.2||1|
|1 medium avocado||227||21||12||9.2||2.8||2.7|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese||456||37.6||3.5||0||3.5||26|