The easiest low-carb meals are often the best! This eggs and veggie bowl definitely fits the bill. It’s packed full of goodness and dead simple to put together. Once you’ve tried it once, it will almost certainly become one of your new go-to breakfast meals.
This dish combines lots of nutrient-rich foods. Cauliflower is a great source of protein, eggs provide lots of calcium, while the kale helps to boost your fiber levels. Combined with fresh herbs, garlic, and onion, this dish will ensure you feel full for longer, all without the need for any carb-rich ingredients.
This bowl of deliciousness can be cooked up in a single skillet. All you need to do is sauté the veggies and herbs, and spices and then transfer them to your serving bowl. Once that’s done, fry a couple of eggs, and when cooked, place them on top of the veggie mixture. Sprinkle on some fresh parsley and enjoy!
If you don’t like any of the ingredients in this recipe, feel free to swap them out for something you do like. One popular alteration is replacing the kale with spinach. The choice is yours. Whatever way you cook this recipe, it’s sure to be a winner.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Easy Eggs & Veggie Bowl
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil, divided
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 8 ounce cauliflower, riced
- 4 ounce kale, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 large egg
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. In a frying pan over medium heat, add half of the avocado oil and sliced onion. Cook until the onion becomes translucent (about 3 – 4 minutes). Add in the minced garlic.
3. Remove stalks from kale and discard. Chop the leaves.
4. Add the riced cauliflower along with the kale leaves into the frying pan.
5. Stir and cover with lid for about 5 minutes while cooking, then remove the lid and cook for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Using the other half of the avocado oil, add that into a separate frying pan. Crack the eggs and cook them sunny side up.
7. Slide the eggs on top of the kale and cauliflower.
8. Season with parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Easy Eggs & Veggie Bowl. Each serving comes out to be 389 calories, 31.8g fat, 6.5g net carbs, and 17.3g protein.
|3.00 tablespoon avocado oil||361||40.9||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 medium yellow onion||10||0||2.4||0.3||2.1||0.3|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||4||0||0.9||0.1||0.9||0.2|
|8.00 ounce cauliflower||52||1.1||9.3||5.2||4.1||4.1|
|4.00 ounce kale||32||1||6.4||2.3||4.1||2.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||3||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.2|
|4.00 large egg||315||20.9||1.6||0||1.6||27.6|
|Per Serving (/2)||389||31.8||10.5||4.1||6.5||17.3|