There are a lot of inflammatory foods we eat everyday. I love consuming turmeric and ginger after I feel like I have consumed a lot of high inflammatory foods or just for a tasty breakfast, this anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie fits the bill!
Dairy-free milk, ginger, turmeric, and avocados make this smoothie creamy but light, and sweet but balanced. Studies show that black pepper will help amplify the anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric, so feel free to add black pepper to taste as well.*
Yields 2 servings of Keto Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- black pepper, to taste*
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup ice cubes, crushed
- 8 drops liquid stevia
1. Gather and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Add the avocado, coconut milk, almond milk, ginger, turmeric, and lemon juice to the blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the ice cubes and liquid stevia. Blend again until smooth.
4. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie. Each serving comes out to be 250 calories, 25.4g fat, 3.9g net carbs, and 2.9g protein.
|0.50 medium avocado||150||13.9||7.8||6.1||1.7||1.8|
|0.75 cup canned coconut milk||334||36.2||4.8||0||4.8||3.4|
|0.25 cup unsweetened almond milk||7||0.7||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.3|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh ginger||2||0||0.4||0||0.3||0|
|0.50 teaspoon turmeric powder||5||0.1||1||0.4||0.7||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon lemon juice||1||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|1.00 cup ice cubes||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|8.00 drop liquid stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||250||25.4||7.3||3.4||3.9||2.9|