This tasty breakfast recipe puts a fun twist on your everyday egg: whites are separated from the yolk, whipped, and baked with bacon, cheese, and chives. The yolk is then slipped on top and baked a little more, resulting in a smooth and creamy center surrounded by a soft and flavorsome egg-white cloud. This dish is simple and speedy to whip up and makes for the perfect switch-up to your morning egg routine. We know they can get boring sometimes!
Eggs are a fantastic choice of food for any meal or time of day: they’re an absolute powerhouse of healthy nutrients, packed to the brim with protein and healthy fats while also being super low in calories. This means they’ll keep your stomach full and your brain fed, but they don’t feel too heavy.
Whipped and baked egg whites come out beautifully soft and light and are super easy to prepare. Simply fold in the cheese, chives, and bacon and arrange on a tray with a dip in the center, bake, slip in the yolk, bake again, and voilà! You’ll have yourself a delectably creamy yolk ready to burst over the deliciously savory bacon-filled white clouds.
Feel free to substitute, add, or remove ingredients to suit your diet and preferences: if you’re watching your sodium intake, you may choose to go without the bacon. Other herbs could be thrown in, or a sauce over the top to spice things up. Season to taste, and enjoy!
Yields 2 servings of Keto Eggs in Clouds
- 4 slice bacon, diced
- 4 large egg
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 450F. In a frying pan over medium heat, cook the diced bacon slices.
2. In different bowls, separate the eggs by placing all the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks into individual bowls. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Then, add in the cooked bacon, cheese, and chives. Stir gently to combine.
4. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, evenly divide the mixture into appropriate servings and space them out. With a spoon, create deep wells into each. Bake in the oven for about 3 – 4 minutes.
5. Place one egg yolk into each of the mounded wells. Season with black pepper. Bake in the oven for 2 – 3 minutes or until the egg yolks are done to your liking.
6. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Eggs in Clouds. Each serving comes out to be 497 calories, 39.9g fat, 1.3g net carbs, and 31.8g protein.
|4.00 slice bacon||597||52.3||0||0||0||29.9|
|4.00 large egg||315||20.9||1.6||0||1.6||27.6|
|0.25 cup pecorino romano||79||6.4||0.7||0||0.7||5.7|
|0.25 cup fresh chives||4||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.4|
|0.00 none black pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||497||39.9||1.4||0.2||1.3||31.8|