This halloumi cheese salad with mint dressing is great for vegetarians, cheese lovers, and anyone craving a little something Greek.
If you don’t know what halloumi cheese is yet, it is a staple in Greek cooking. It’s a firm cheese that does not melt making it perfect for grilling and serving warm. Frying the halloumi cheese in this recipe pairs it perfectly with fresh, crisp mixed greens and the mint dressing served on top. The mint dressing pairs so well with the halloumi, adding some tang and freshness to cut through the rich fatty cheese. The Greek yogurt, fresh mint, fresh garlic, and olive oil bring out the halloumi that much more, making for a super refreshing salad.
Want more halloumi recipes? Check out this halloumi sandwich.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Halloumi Salad with Mint Dressing
- 10 ounce halloumi cheese
- 1 cup full fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces mixed greens
- 1 medium lemon
1. Gather and prep all ingredients.
2. In a bowl, combine greek yogurt, fresh mint, fresh garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Stir until combined well and set aside.
3. Put the halloumi cheese into a nonstick frying pan without oil or butter. Fry on medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Apply pressure to the middle of the cheese before flipping to ensure the middle of the cheese is getting cooked.
4. Flip the halloumi cheese over and do the same to this side until the cheese is golden brown in color. Remove from the frying pan carefully.
5. Put mixed greens into a serving bowl and add the halloumi cheese on top. Squeeze the lemon on top and serve with the mint dressing.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Halloumi Salad with Mint Dressing. Each serving comes out to be 354 calories, 25.8g fat, 7.1g net carbs, and 22.7g protein.
|10.00 ounce halloumi cheese||850||63.4||6.2||0||6.2||62.9|
|1.00 cup full-fat plain greek yogurt||215||11.3||6.8||0||6.8||20.4|
|0.25 cup fresh mint||3||0||0.5||0.4||0.1||0.2|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||4||0||0.9||0.1||0.9||0.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10.00 ounce mixed greens||80||1.3||14.8||5.8||9||6.3|
|1.00 medium lemon||24||0.3||7.8||2.4||5.5||0.9|
|Per Serving (/4)||354.00||25.80||9.28||2.15||7.13||22.70|