Do you love Taco Tuesday, and feel like you can’t partake because of Keto? Well, look no further! You can still have your tacos but without the shells! These are great for all occasions, but we love them for family dinners or entertaining friends.
There’s some minor food prep involved, but the most intensive part is disassembling the avocado [there’s some magic to that I haven’t mastered yet]. You can substitute the cheese for a Mexican blend or Pepper Jack, in addition to using jalapenos for more spicy tacos.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Taco Salad.
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce, chopped
- 9 ounces iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 small red tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Pre-heat a non-stick pan on a stove. Put ground beef into the pan.
2. Place herbs and spices on ground beef. Cook ground beef on medium heat. Once it’s done remove the pan from the stove. Allow ground beef to drain and cool. Set aside.
3. Place chopped lettuce, tomatoes, shredded mozzarella, and avocado into a salad bowl. Mix salad ingredients well.
4. Top the salad mix with ground beef and sour cream.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Taco Salad. Each serving comes out to be 388.37 Calories, 32.47g Fats, 6.5g Net Carbs, and 15.8g Protein.
|Keto Taco Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|¾ pound ground beef||1125||101.7||0||0||0||48.68|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin||7.9||0.5||0.9||0.2||0.7||0.4|
|½ teaspoon chili powder||3.8||0.1||0.7||0.5||0.2||0.2|
|1 teaspoon dried parsley||1.5||0||0.3||0.1||0.2||0.1|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder||10||0||2.3||0.3||2||0.5|
|8 ounces romaine lettuce||39||0.7||7.5||4.8||2.7||2.8|
|9 ounces iceberg lettuce||36||0.4||7.5||3||4.5||2.2|
|2 small red tomatoes||33||0.4||7.1||2.2||4.9||1.6|
|1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella||392||25||10||0||10||30|
|1 medium avocado||227||21||12||9.2||2.8||2.7|
|1 cup sour cream||455||45||11||0||11||5.6|