Cloud bread is a longstanding keto staple. It can be a touch tricky, but it makes a great bread substitute for sandwiches. We’ll show you how to not only make it, but also how to turn it into a great BLT.
These do freeze well, so make extras and save for another week! Just make sure you place some freezer paper between the layers so that they don’t stick.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Cloud Bread BLT
- 3 large eggs
- 4¼ ounces softened cream cheese
- Salt, to taste
- ½ tablespoon ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 ounces bacon, cooked
- 2 ounces lettuce
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1. Preheat your oven to 300F. Separate the eggs into whites and yolks.
2. Add salt and cream of tartar to the egg whites. Whip until very stiff with a hand mixer.
3. Mix the cream cheese, egg yolks, psyllium husk powder, and baking powder together.
4. Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolks. Don’t overmix or the whites will lose their whip.
5. Add some parchment paper to a baking sheet. Shape the batter into 8 rounds then bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
6. Turn the cloud bread pieces over so their tops face down. Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise across each.
7. Stack the bacon, lettuce, and tomato on top of four of the bread pieces. Stack the other bread pieces on top to form the sandwiches.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Cloud Bread BLT. Each serving comes out to be 527.93 Calories, 46.98g Fats, 4.83g Net Carbs, and 19.75g Protein.
|Keto Cloud Bread BLT||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 large eggs||215||14||1.1||0||1.1||19|
|4¼ ounces softened cream cheese||422||41||6.7||0||6.7||7.4|
|½ tablespoon ground psyllium husk powder||17||0.3||5.2||3.4||1.8||1.2|
|½ teaspoon baking powder||1.2||0||0.6||0||0.6||0|
|¼ teaspoon cream of tartar||1.9||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|8 tablespoons mayonnaise||749||82||0.6||0||0.6||1.1|
|5 ounces bacon, cooked||663||50||2.4||0||2.4||48|
|2 ounces lettuce||9.6||0.2||1.9||1.2||0.7||0.7|
|1 large tomato, thinly sliced||33||0.4||7.1||2.2||4.9||1.6|