This is a dish that you can whip up in a pinch with ingredients you already have. Chicken, bacon, eggs, cheese, and peppers are staples of a ketogenic diet. The taste of fresh bell peppers alongside smoky bacon will leave you looking forward to the leftovers! These chicken patties are the perfect savory recipe for a chicken, bacon, and ranch salad or placed inside one of my almond buns with lettuce and that sweet, sweet sriracha (also known as nectar of the gods).
They’re also versatile enough so that you can add and subtract ingredients from it with what you have on hand. Onions, celery, spinach, broccoli – add what you need. Another added bonus is that everyone loves it – kids and parents alike will beg for more, just don’t tell them you have extras in the fridge. Leave a comment with the changes you make to patties, I’d love to hear them!
When you finish chopping the peppers in the food processor, make sure that you drain excess moisture with paper towels. If you have too much moisture in the patties…you’ll learn the hard way (like I did). They end up falling apart when you cook them and it’s just impossible to flip them. Save yourself the trouble of having to remake these and drain that excess moisture from the peppers!
Yields 10 Total Chicken Patties
- 1 (12-ounce) can chicken breast
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 medium bell peppers
- ¼ cup sun dried tomato pesto
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
1. Start by frying your bacon in a pan. Leave it to sizzle and get nice and browned on the one side.
2. While the bacon is cooking, measure out ¼ Cup Tomato Pesto Sauce.
3. Once the bacon is crisped on one side, flip it to the other side.
4. Chop 2 Bell Peppers in half. Add them to a food processor.
5. Grind the peppers in the food processor until they are nicely chopped.
6. Pour all of the mixture into a bowl and pat dry with paper towels. You don’t want too much excess moisture here.
7. Once the bacon has finished cooking, add the 12 Oz Canned Chicken (or you can use fresh) and the bacon to the food processor.
8. Grind everything together into a chicken and bacon paste.
9. Add the chicken and bacon mixture to the peppers.
10. Add 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, 1/4 Cup Tomato Pesto, and 1 Egg to the mixture. Mix everything together well.
11. Add coconut flour as needed, I ended up using 3 Tbsp. of it. You want a nice solid mixture you can form into patties.
12. Form the patties with your hand, grabbing up a small scoop of the chicken mixture and pressing it between your hands.
13. Fry the patties with a little oil over medium to medium-high heat. Crisp each side and once they are crisped, flip them over.
14. Set on paper towels to cool and serve! Optional: Serve with small sprigs of dill and chili garlic paste.
This makes 10 total Chicken Patties, each coming out to 95.6 Calories, 6.16g Fats, 1.45g Net Carbs, and 7.25g Protein.
|Fresh Chicken and Bacon Patties||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 (12-ounce) can chicken breast||250||7.5||0||0||0||40|
|4 slices bacon||178||14.02||0.44||0||0.44||11.58|
|2 medium (238 g) bell peppers||48||0.4||11.04||4||7.04||2.05|
|¼ cup sun dried tomato pesto||250||25||5||2||3||2|
|¼ cup Parmesan cheese||83||5.47||0.68||0||0.68||7.57|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|3 tablespoons coconut flour||75||4.5||12||9||3||3|