Remember the BBQ Pulled Chicken recipe that I did in the slow cooker the other day? Well it made quite a lot of food, and there was certainly leftovers to go around. I wanted to put something nice together that makes the leftovers seem like a new dish completely.
All in all, this takes pretty little effort to put together. Just mixing together the batter for the buns, and the rest is almost auto-pilot cooking. From start to finish it took me maybe 30 minutes – so this would be a great meal if you had the leftovers from the BBQ Pulled Chicken.
For this recipe, I’m using Honeyville Almond Flour. If you haven’t given this stuff a try yet – go and try it! When you’re doing baking, the texture will always turn out much cleaner with blanched almond flour rather than almond meal. My personal thoughts with Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal is that it turns your baked goods a darker color and a grainier texture. All in all, especially with cookies and cakes, I prefer to go with Honeyville.
If you’d like to, you can garnish with some curry powder, oregano, and chili paste. I think the brings out the colors in the plate, and the chili paste is always a great addition for me.
Yields 8 Total Pulled BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Leftover BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 1/3 cup Honeyville Almond Flour
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 drops stevia
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together 1/3 Cup Almond Meal, 1/4 Cup Flax Seed Meal, 3 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, 1 tsp. Baking Soda, 1 tsp. Southwest Chipotle Seasoning, and 1 tsp. Paprika.
3. In a microwave safe container, microwave 4 Tbsp. Butter until it’s melted. That’s about 35-40 seconds.
4. Add 2 Large Eggs, 1/2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar, and the melted butter to the almond flour mixture. I like to not mix the almond flour mixture until the wet ingredients are in there. I normally directly pour my vinegar over the baking soda to make it react with the acid.
5. Mix everything together well and until everything is combined.
6. In a muffin top pan, distribute your batter evenly between 8 holes.
7. Put the buns in the oven for 15-17 minutes.
8. While the buns are baking, heat the leftover BBQ Pulled Chicken in a pan, letting the sauce reduce to a thick consistency.
9. Shred some cheddar cheese while you wait. I normally grate about 2 Tbsp. Cheddar Cheese per slider that I will be making.
10. When the buns are finished, take them out of the oven. I use these awesome oven gloves that give really good grips. They’re silicone, give ease of grabbing things, and work exceptionally well with things like cast iron skillets. I ended up getting some after I burned myself on some cookie sheets the other week.
11. Let your buns cool for 1-2 minutes in the pan.
12. Remove the buns from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
13. Once cooled for 5 minutes, cut the buns in half.
14. Spread your cheese on the buns.
15. Add your BBQ Pulled Chicken and top with extra sauce if you’d like.
I ended up making 3 sliders because that’s all I had for the leftovers. Per slider with bun and BBQ Pulled Chicken, it’s about: 326 Calories, 25.4g Fats, 2g Net Carbs, and 24.6g Protein.
|Almond Flax Slider Buns||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|1/3 Cup Almond Flour||160||14||6||3||3||6|
|1/4 Cup Flax Seed||120||9||8||8||0||6|
|3 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese||62||4||0||0||0||6|
|2 Large Eggs||140||12||1.2||0||1.2||12|
|4 Tbsp. Butter||400||44||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Baking Soda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Southwest Seasoning||4||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Paprika||6||0||1||1||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Macros Per Bun||111.5||10.4||2.0||1.5||0.5||3.8|
|BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|6 Tbsp. Cheddar Cheese||135||15||2||0||2||11|
|1/4 BBQ Pulled Chicken||509.8||30||3.8||1.5||2.3||51.5|
|Macros Per Slider with Bun||326.4||25.4||4.0||2.0||2.0||24.6|