Bread is something that most of us miss while on keto. From the simplicity of sandwiches, to the gourmet aspect of adding croutons to your soup – it’s an ingredient that is both versatile and easy to use. Today, we’re going to use Keto Cloud bread to make a delicious and super simple bacon, avocado, and chicken sandwich. It’s a little bit of a play on the classic BLT – made with more fat, more flavor, and the delicious texture you remember!
I’ve been a fan of Keto Cloud Bread ever since I did the Strawberry Shortcake recipe with them. They’re simple to make, don’t take too long, and are really versatile to keep around and stick pretty much anything on them. If you plan to make a large batch to save in the fridge or freezer, make sure you keep them neutral in sweetness/savory and leave out any additional ingredients besides the eggs and cream cheese.
Yields 6 servings of Bacon Avocado Sandwich
Keto Cloud Bread
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- 6 slices bacon
- 9 ounces chicken breast
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 whole grape tomatoes
- 6 ounces avocado
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Begin separating 3 eggs into to two clean, dry bowls.
2. Add cream of tartar and salt to the whites. Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites until you see soft, foamy peaks form.
3. In the other bowl, combine 3 oz. of cubed cream cheese with the egg yolks and beat until a pale yellow color.
4. Gently fold the egg whites into the yolks, half at a time.
5. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, spoon about ¼ cup of the keto cloud bread batter into six rounds. This recipe makes 6 large keto cloud bread.
6. Using a spatula, press gently on tops of the keto cloud bread to form squares. Then sprinkle the tops with garlic powder and bake for about 25 minutes.
7. While the keto cloud bread are baking, cook the chicken and bacon with some salt and pepper.
8. To arrange the sandwiches, begin by combining mayo and sriracha and spread 1/3 onto the underside of three keto cloud breads. Add your chicken on top of the spicy mayo.
9. Add 2 slices of pepper jack cheese, 2 slices bacon, 2 halved grape tomatoes, and spread 2 ounces mashed avocado on top of each sandwich. Season to taste, then top with the remaining keto cloud breads.
This makes a total of 6 half-sandwich servings of Bacon Avocado Sandwich. Each half comes out to be 405.55 Calories, 31.02g Fats, 4.31g Net Carbs, and 24.8g Protein.
|Bacon Avocado Sandwich||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 large eggs||214||14.27||1.08||0||1.08||18.84|
|3 ounces cream cheese||251||24.32||2.98||0||2.98||6.04|
|1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar||1||0||0.23||0||0.23||0|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder||5||0.01||1.13||0.1||1.03||0.26|
|3 tablespoons mayonnaise||390.3||42.57||0.69||0||0.69||1.74|
|3 teaspoons sriracha||18||0.18||3.74||0.4||3.34||0.38|
|6 slices bacon||266||21.03||0.66||0||0.66||17.36|
|9 ounces chicken breast||306||6.68||0||0||0||57.38|
|6 slices pepper jack cheese||627||50.87||1.14||0||1.14||41.13|
|6 whole grape tomatoes||71||0||13.99||2.4||11.59||2.33|
|6 ounces avocado||284||26.2||14.69||11.6||3.09||3.33|