A sweet, smokey, crunchy, and absolutely delicious wing that you will want to make again and again. These chicken wings really bring together some fantastic flavors and will definitely be a hit with anyone who has them. Even the non-keto folks will be asking for more, as the sweetness and slight smokiness from the Blackberry Chipotle Jam really comes through.
I chose to cook these with the marinade on (rather than tossing them in sauce afterward) because I really wanted to flavor to come through. Starting them at 400F helps cook them slightly, and then turning the oven to 425 really helps that skin crisp up for a great chicken wing.
I had never bought full wings before, but it was so easy to butcher them (and so much cheaper than buying pre-butcheted wings) that I definitely recommend it. Plus, you get to keep the wing tips afterward and freeze them for when you want to make a stock or bone broth.
Yields 20 Blackberry Chipotle Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. Chicken Wings (~20 wings, butchered)
- 1/2 cup Blackberry Chipotle Jam (recipe here)
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Start by butchering the chicken wings. Place the chicken wing down on a cutting board and let the “V” naturally occur. Cut into the V, allowing your knife to do most of the work. You should only be cutting through cartilage, and not bone.
2. Once you have the drummette detached from the wing, locate the secondary “V” that occurs between the wing and the wing tip. Use the weight of your knife to cut the wing tip off. You can freeze these to make bone broth with later.
3. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup Blackberry Chipotle Jam and 1/2 cup water. Whisk to combine, then add 2/3 marinade with the chicken wings and salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Let this sit for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
4. In the meantime, preheat oven to 400F. Once the chicken is finished marinating, lay on a cookie sheet with a wire rack on top. Bake for 15 minutes at 400F, then flip and turn oven up to 425F. Brush the remaining marinade over each wing (now the bottom side) and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until wings are crisp.
5. Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!
This makes a total of 20 Blackberry Chipotle Chicken Wings. Per 4 wings, it comes out to be 503 Calories, 39.1g Fats, 1.8g Net Carbs, and 34.5g Protein.
|Blackberry Chipotle Chicken Wings||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|3 lb Chicken Wings, butchered||2100||150||0||0||0||170|
|1/2 cup Blackberry Chipotle Jam||410.4||45.6||20.4||11.6||8.8||2.4|
|1/2 cup Water||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Salt and Pepper to Taste||3||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per 4 Wings ( /5 )||502.7||39.1||4.1||2.3||1.8||34.5|